by GreySimms

Original Post

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★★★★★ Newbie
@ozjedah Worked for me 2, thank you!
Message 31 of 129 (739 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Writing on computer not working properly

★★★ Newbie

I only have the base game, and with yesterday's update, none of my sims can write.  I tried using all computers in the home, writing options, nothing works.  I tried buying a new computer and it worked the first time they started writing again, but the next time I wanted them to continue, I'm back to not being able write anything anymore.  My sim's a writer!! I suppose I'll have to change careers until this bug is fixed. Frustrating!! 

Message 32 of 129 (730 Views)

Re: Write a genre book BUG

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've had my familiar summoned and not summoned, with the fix, and haven't had a problem yet.
Message 33 of 129 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I tested this with my spellcaster (vanilla game with all packs except DU) and had no problem to write or resume a book, on deskop PCs or laptops, on public and private lots. The only thing that prevents my Sim from writing is having a familiar summoned. In this case, the queue symbol is not the computer (as it should), but a book and the Sims keeps standing next to the PC. As soon as you free the familiar, the spellcaster immidiately starts to write.

I went quickly through this and the other writing thread (can't resume books). I noticed that while Simmers who filed a report were playing with almost every pack available, one EP was always missing: Get to Work. May be pure coincidence though ...

(Mergerd two post) - Atic

Message 34 of 129 (708 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I also encounter this issue with my mermaid Sim and another "normal" Sim. Selling and rebuying a computer worked at first but does not work anymore. I tried deleting the 2 mods I had and nothing changed...

Message 35 of 129 (677 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

★ Novice

I play 100% base game and since my sim is a writer I can guarantee this only started directly after the update and affects both him and his roommate. Sims are still able to practice writing, but I need to write finished books in order to do aspirations and advance in the career. other computer functions seem to be as normal.

Message 36 of 129 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried this fix on my game file yesterday. It worked yesterday but the issue has come back today with the same sim on the new computer.  I can practice writing but I can't get my sim to write in any genre.

Message 37 of 129 (636 Views)

Hero
@ForgottenJess04 Did you get University or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 129 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Nope, just the base game and that free holiday stuff pack you get on the front page. Thanks for responding!
Message 39 of 129 (614 Views)

Hero
@ForgottenJess04 Thanks. Just curious if it gets fixed by uni cause I have not been able to duplicate at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 129 (611 Views)