by jpayumo16

Original Post

Re: Lot Is Darkened As If It Is Cursed After June 2018 Patch

★★★ Guide

yes just on map view

Message 21 of 78 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Guide

After bulldozing Cypress terrace, placing a user created lot from the Gallery, and deleting the mod folder, this is what happened :o  Every piece of vegetation vanished (makes sense since this was the Seasons update which affects all vegetation).  Putting the mod folder back and reloading an earlier lot fixed the problem.  Might be a second issue here...but this last patch messed a lot of stuff up. 

And yes, the darkening of the lot happened after removing the mod folder, you should be able to reproduce it.  I have attached the screenshot of the map view after removing the mod folder, and exiting the game using "save and exit."  It does not happen if you save a game manually, and then exit without without the auto save option

Message 22 of 78 (1,085 Views)

Hero
@Nuke615

from your latest pics, I do believe it's the same issue as the other thread, so I merged.

Should one get solved and not yours, you can always open a new thread again :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 78 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Novice

^ Yes! I noticed this happened to me too in maps view. I don't even have the Vampires game either but my house looks a lot darker in maps now. 

Message 24 of 78 (1,026 Views)

★★ Pro

I can confirm this is fixed in my game with today's patch, but only if I start a new game. I tested several times starting in different Seasons and it seems fine.

I don't know if it would eventually correct itself in an existing game or not, because I didn't want to have to try and play through different Seasons and weather types. I was planning on moving my Sims to a new save anyway for Seasons, so I'm just glad to see this is fixed so quickly!

Message 25 of 78 (963 Views)

Hero

Tagging some people for feedback

@jpayumo16 @Nuke615 @babelola01 @PadfoodandProngs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 78 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The stats.fill_commodities_household testing code works.  The lot is no longer darkened when you save and exit.  Seems this patch worked to correct these issues.  Thanks devs!

There is a new issue though. The glass roof makes the floor vanish under it once placed, as the attic in this structure is not really recognized by the game as a 3rd floor (it is the space under the shingled roof).  When uploading to the gallery, this lot shows only the shingled roof for the 3rd floor view in the gallery (not the stuff under it)

Message 27 of 78 (939 Views)

Hero
There's a few glass rof issues, I think. Please check the buy/build mode compiled list and if your issue is not on there, create a new thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 78 (925 Views)

★★★ Guide

can you move this post there to the glass roof thread please?  I am able to play now...cheers mate

Message 29 of 78 (920 Views)

Hero
If you give me the link so I don't have to go search ? It's a bit much currently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 78 (996 Views)