Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into the larger lots in Willow Creek, going into Buy Mode and then changing the times of day.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you pan around the households you can see major color distortions on the exterior finishes of the house and neighbors' houses too. My house (link to pictures attached) has black and white exterior finishes. Now during the day they are coming up as shades of green and at night shades of purple.
What do you expect to see? The exterior finishes to reflect their actual colors and not have color distortions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This occurred after downloading the June 2018 Patch.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159072920@N04/7r2TsJ

Message 1 of 78 (4,626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

★★ Pro

This seems to be fixed in my game. I know before I thought it was and the issue came back, so knock on wood that is fixed once and for all!

View in thread

Message 77 of 78 (4,225 Views)

All Replies

Re: Willow Creek Lots - Environmental Lighting Issues

★★★★ Novice

Mine show in black on the sidewalks outside at any time of day.

ps : random comment but nice realistic built I like it, did you upload it by any chance in the gallery? 

Message 2 of 78 (4,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seems like a glitch from this last patch. Have you noticed anything else other than the black sidewalks?

Also, thank you! I made this house in anticipation for Seasons, so I was going to wait until the expansion pack came out before I uploaded it to the gallery. Unfortunately with these issues it looks like I should wait a little while longer Frown 

Message 3 of 78 (4,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If you place this house in another neighbourhood (i.e. Brindleton Bay etc), does the issue persist?

Message 4 of 78 (4,434 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jpayumo16

I'm getting the white exteriors turning green like yours but not purple floors:

Which graphics card does your Mac have? If it's a 15" MBP with both integrated Intel and dedicated NVIDIA/AMD please list both. Which version of macOS are you running?

Mine - Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB/AMD Radeon Pro 560 4Gb, macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 78 (4,410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think so.. I had quickly checked 16 hours ago.. and now I relaunched it again and this time it looks almost normal but my graphics aren't as good as other people and in the Riverside Roost lot in Willowcreek the sidewalk where there is shrubs under it there is green stains I don't know if it always looked like that or not.. I'd upload the picture but I've been taking the pictures with my phone I don't know how to find my screenshots taken via the game.. 

Message 6 of 78 (4,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Were those stains always there on the Riverside Roost lot in Willowcreek? ps. the sidewalks look like that in Newcrest too.

35898104_10160455002255006_1132884979659833344_n.jpg35728737_10160454963495006_5031958798953086976_n.jpg

Message 7 of 78 (4,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

UPDATE : @jpayumo16 my issue was the CC so everyone check your CCs to make sure it's not causing the glitches on your game.

Message 8 of 78 (4,314 Views)

[TO TEST] Lot Is Darkened As If It Is Cursed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? After the lot is saved, the lot looks darkened like the Goth House in Willow Creek when looking at the entire neighborhood view
What do you expect to see? The lot not darkened when looking at the neighborhood view
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 2018 Seasons patch

The only thing that I saw that may be related aside from the June 2018 update, was at one point a vampire broke into the lots' home before I saved the game.  Could that have made my lot haunted or cursed in some way?  I tried looking online if that would be the case, but I can find nothing about it or cursed lots.  I loaded an earlier game where the lot was not darkened and saved it before un-pausing it, and the lot looks normal on the neighborhood screen.  This darkened lot happened after the June 2018 Seasons patch.  Just wondering if this is June-2018-update related or vampire related..and how do I reverse it if the latter?  Thanks if you can clear up my confusion here.

Message 9 of 78 (4,275 Views)

Re: Lot Is Darkened As If It Is Cursed After June 2018 Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the large 50 x 50 lot (Oakenstead: upper left) is the lot that darkened

Message 10 of 78 (4,272 Views)