duplicate harvestables in world

by moltazia

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Wild Plants keeps duplicating when load

★★★★ Novice

This duplication is so annoying, I really hope this issue will be fixed!

duplicated plants issue

Message 21 of 34 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I have the duplicating plant thing, too.  Every time I load my current game, there's yet another patch of blackberries next to my Sims' house (they live on the island in Windenburg).

Edit to add: This is since the patch that came alongside the release of Seasons, for the record.  I don't actually have the Season EP yet.

Message 22 of 34 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as well on the Island in Windenberg. The number of duplicate plants seems to be different though depending on what season the plant is rated. For instance, all the blackberry plants have duplicated 4-5 times now, but since it's Autumn in my save file and they are a Summer plant, it's just lumps of dirt duplicating. Snapdragon plants on the otherhand are in season and most are not duplicating.

I say most because some of them do duplicate, but on top of each other. Pear trees are in season and are duplicating next to each other, but not at the rate of the blackberries. Also, bluebells are duplicating exactly like the blackberries, they are a Summer plant too I believe.

I also have the issue with dig sites not spawning in the numbers in previous games before I downloaded Seasons. I play on the Island in Windenberg ALOT so I know the normal pattern for them to spawn. After Seasons, I get one spawner in spots where I would get up to three a day after 2 a.m. depending on how long I waited to dig at them.

I'd like to note too that the 'dirt' piles that were introduced after Cats and Dogs, those that can hold a variety of things such as upgrade parts, actually started duplicating on top of each other BEFORE the Season patch and before I downloaded Seasons.

My plants indoors in a greenhouse are not spawning the normal yield per plant either. They always produced 10 fruits/veggies/flowers/herbs before I downloaded Seasons, now they do not. I think I've noticed a pattern to this though and I think it may be by design. It seems the more valuable plants produce less. For instance, I can get up to 7 sometimes 8 mushrooms per plant, but so far only 2 grapes. I read on the official forum of others who can only get 1 UFO bulb per plant now too and those are the most valuable plant in the game. Perhaps since the value of plants has been boosted for the pack in the patch, they tweaked them to produce less for the more valuable ones? Just a guess...

I say this because after the patch, but before I downloaded Season, I had some excellent Dragonfruit that was going for 472 simoleans EACH! o.O A harvest of my Sims garden pre-patch amounted to around 2-4 thousand simoleans whereras afterwards she hauled in over 75 thousand simoleans! Holy Simoly!

Okay, that's my two cents about this topic. Just want to conclude with the fact I do not have any mods or CC and NEVER have had any in my game. This is from a totally vanilla, repaired game. I always repair after a patch or after downloading a new game and I always clean out cache files, localthumb, etc. before every gameplay session.

Message 23 of 34 (1,053 Views)

duplicate harvestables in world

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all execpt for 4 stuff packs (glamour party, fitness, spooky stuff and my first pet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? look ingame at the harvestables. assuming its not only in my game of course
What happens when the bug occurs? there are 2 harvestables/plants where there should be 1
What do you expect to see? single plant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. think it was the seasons update?

DoubbleHarvest.png

Message 24 of 34 (1,040 Views)

Re: duplicate harvestables in world

Hero
Hi @moltazia

I merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 34 (1,027 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Wild Plants keeps duplicating when load

[ Edited ]
Hero

Plants were growing a bit too wildly out and about in the world. We’ve scaled them back with some digital, organic, completely sustainable pesticide.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

Already affected neighborhoods will not be cleared of the duplicates unfortunately. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 34 (2,353 Views)

★★ Guide

I do not have Seasons installed, but I'm experiencing the wild plant duplication bug as well. The number of wild plants in the Caliente Household's default neighborhood in Oasis Springs have tripled. I'm not sure if this is taking place when I reload the game or over the course of time in the neighborhood. 

(For reference, I have only Get to Work, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, and the free Holiday packs.)

Message 27 of 34 (1,002 Views)

Hero
@EngineerDaisho

Did you patch your game ? There was a patch just now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 34 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The fix didn't help, I still have a lot of wild plants in my game.

duplicated plants issue2

If developers are not going to resolve this problem in already affected games, is there any way to delete those plants manually?

Message 29 of 34 (966 Views)

★★ Guide

Maybe the fix just prevents new ones from spawning but doesn't delete those that are already there? I'm definitely still seeing the multiple plants that have been there before the new patch in my game, too. 

Message 30 of 34 (963 Views)