Re: [FIXED] Why doesn't the option to change surname come up when sims marry?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Why doesn't the option to change surname come up when sims marry?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

While feminism has its right to exist, the PLAYERS also have the right of CHOICE. The developers at least should make an auto pop-up window to tip the surname we want.

Message 21 of 30 (7,467 Views)

Hero

I do want to say that this is NOT a bug. It's a design choice and whether or not MAXIS is going to change it, it up to them.

They are aware that may people are unhappy about this but it still does not qualify as a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (7,463 Views)

names dont change

★★★ Novice

When my sims get married, both sims keep their original last names, and if they have children, they will have the mother's last name.

Anybody else with this issue?

Message 23 of 30 (7,420 Views)

Re: names dont change

Hero

@kclarrr Merged. It's a design choice. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 30 (7,415 Views)

Hero

• You can now go into Create A Sim and change the name of any of your Sims.
    1. So go ahead, download Mr. Fluffy URox0r, because, well... you can change his name.

you can now change your Sims name ... this should solve the issue ... since it's a design choice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (57,066 Views)

★ Novice

it's not that hard guys, in live mode, simply click on a dresser - 'plan outfits' - and then top left click on their name and you can change it Standard smile hope this helps!

Message 26 of 30 (7,179 Views)

Hero

As said above it was fixed in a prior patch. It was not possible without a cheat before hence the thread Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (7,169 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi Everyone.

Crinrict, thank you, I know the problem with name change after marriage has been added to bug reporting. As a happy simmer myself, I agree with SimFanatic21212, it would be great if the female continues to not automatically take a man's name upon marriage and an option of choosing a last name after marriage is added in game. 

Message 28 of 30 (6,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ask you newly married person to plan outfit. In the outfit mode - go to their name in the top left corner - left click on their name and change away. No cheats needed.

Message 29 of 30 (5,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This thread is from 2015 and marked as fixed as this was changed a long while ago.

Please don't necro old bugs that are no longer even an issue.  Thank you

Locking this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (5,814 Views)