[FIXED] Why doesn't the option to change surname come up when sims marry?

by lynb34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Why doesn't the option to change surname come up when sims marry?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have been playing sims since the very start and loving the sims 4 but the one thing that ruins my game is that when my sims get married they have to stay with thier original surnames Frown Is there any way of editing names once you've left CAS?, I've looked and can't find a way. Or are there any plans for another patch sometime soon that will fix this and make the surname change automatically for your spouse as before?

Message 1 of 30 (62,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why doesn't the option to change surname come up when sims marry?

Hero

• You can now go into Create A Sim and change the name of any of your Sims.
    1. So go ahead, download Mr. Fluffy URox0r, because, well... you can change his name.

you can now change your Sims name ... this should solve the issue ... since it's a design choice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 30 (57,002 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

This has been reported a bug on the bugs forum. I believe they are looking into it.

Message 2 of 30 (62,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is annoying me; my Sim married a sim man (something "Looney"...forgot his first name), yet she and her children are all under HER name which is Takei).  I thought perhaps I'd done something wrong when having them married like in Sims 3 if you had the woman click on the man to marry, he ended up with her surname instead of vice versa, but I'm positive I had him selected when they married.  I know it's not a major problem, but it annoys me to see their surnames are different.

Message 3 of 30 (62,326 Views)

Hero

moved to bug reporting.

See this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/change-sims-name-and-traits/

@lynb34 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (62,315 Views)

Sims 4 - Last name don't change

★★★ Apprentice

How come when my Sims get married the Female's last name does not change?? When I try to change it in CAS my screen will be stuck on the loading screen but the sims will do w.e they want without me looking. 

Message 5 of 30 (62,217 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Last name don't change

Hero

@CraveMode Cause it's a bug. Moved to bug reporting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (62,213 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems that this has not been implemented in the game so far. I also think this should not be done automatically, but instead be an option.

Message 7 of 30 (62,210 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hope they can fix it soon.

Also will the be fixing the lighting issue?? like everything is dark unless you put wall lights around the whole house to light it up?? 

Message 8 of 30 (62,208 Views)

Hero

I don't know what they are fixing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (62,196 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think everyone has this? Was it not intentional?

I like the idea that a female doesn't automatically take a man's name upon marriage - but there should be an option asking if you'd like to change it. So, if EA is reading, can we please have an option so I can choose whether the man takes the womans surname, the woman takes the mans, double-barrell, or leave it at the original name.

Message 10 of 30 (62,100 Views)