[FIXED] Why did the sims stop jogging

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC(Win10,Origin)
Which language are you playing the game in?: English
How often does the bug occur?: Every time
What is your current game version number?: 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: Only BaseGame (degital delux version)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Move a shim a long distance.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Sims don't run, just walk
What do you expect to see?: Sims run and move long distances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?:  Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: After Latest patch

My sim does not run when I tell it to move from the right edge of the area to the left edge. It just walks lazily while fiddling with its phone. (Depressing)
The patch notes say "Sims jog once again when using The MotionMonitor Gaming Mat and PrioPerfection Motion Sensor Game Mat." So I let my sim play with The MotionMonitor Gaming Mat, but my sim is still walking. The joggers that were all over town still haven't shown up.
How can I let my sim jogging or running?
Has anyone seen a sim running in the game? Please, please don't tell me this is a new spec.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why did the sims stop jogging?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

In the latest patch 11/01/2022, I verified that this issue was fixed.I am very happy with this correction. Thanks to the team for all your hard work.

And also joggers revived in town

2022y11m02d_045227075-Jogger.jpg

Additional explain:

What I could verify is 2 points the below:
1. "Go Here" is that Sim run towards the clicked position.
2. When clicking on an object and give a command, Sim run towards the object.
Also, this verification was done in the vanilla base game, so it does not include about pack-specific behavior or Occult Sim movement.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (1,515 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
Message 2 of 13 (2,986 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No, they can now also use the cellphone while jogging. I think it's a bug 

Message 3 of 13 (2,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

In Live Mode, I am still able to select "Jog Here" instead of "Go Here" and my Sims will jog to the spot I directed them to. They just don't jog there autonomously anymore. It's been like this in my game in some worlds for a long time now, I know it was at least happening in Oasis Springs even before the patch, but now it seems to be this way in all worlds. 

P.S. Yeah they will still check their phones almost continuously while jogging.

Message 4 of 13 (2,922 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EmeraldLaura I agree with you. But the problem here is that we don't use "running" as a means of transportation.

@RandomBuzziness Now playing with all packs I have, I can choose "Jog Here", but base game doesn't have that choice.
Message 5 of 13 (2,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's bugging me for immersion purposes that none of the regular morning joggers are jogging anymore. Must be a heatwave, lol. But still would be nice for them to fix that.

Message 6 of 13 (2,667 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'm surprised not more people have chimed in here, it can't be such a limited issue. I've seen this since I started playing again a week or so ago. No joggers in the neighbourhoods, and my sims are walking everywhere, they never run. I use a mod to disable the phone-obsession, so they are not fiddling with those either, they never did.

Doing anything out in the world is near impossible, forget about collecting stuff. Even moving around in home neighbourhood takes ages now. This issue (along with the obnoxius best-friend-requests constantly) is enough to make me go back on sims-break.
Message 7 of 13 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kathykins I'm guessing because most people use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-don-t-run-autonomously-over-long-distances-anymore/m...

This thread is a bit of a collection.

- Sims themselves not running (thread above)
- No joggers around town
- Still issues with the gaming mat.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you, I did a search but didn't notice that thread among the other results Standard smile Will go "me too" there, then
Message 9 of 13 (2,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

In the latest patch 11/01/2022, I verified that this issue was fixed.I am very happy with this correction. Thanks to the team for all your hard work.

And also joggers revived in town

2022y11m02d_045227075-Jogger.jpg

Additional explain:

What I could verify is 2 points the below:
1. "Go Here" is that Sim run towards the clicked position.
2. When clicking on an object and give a command, Sim run towards the object.
Also, this verification was done in the vanilla base game, so it does not include about pack-specific behavior or Occult Sim movement.

Message 10 of 13 (1,516 Views)