Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by aodoherty

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I have also been having this problem it seems some whims just randomly fulfill but most do not. I've noticed especially when I lock a whim because I know that it is an action that will happen soon they never fulfill even if I've done the action multiple times. This is very disappointing because I'm trying to earn all of the achievements in this save and several involve whims. Fulfilling 10 whims during a social event for example will be nearly impossible when the whims only register at most like 10% of the time and a social event is way too short to complete 100 whims in an effort to have 10 register.

Message 201 of 212 (2,411 Views)

Whims cannot completing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? locking Whims load the map go to other place
What happens when the bug occurs? After go to other place the cannot complete Whims
What do you expect to see? go to other place still can complete whims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

locking the Whims aftter go the other place (from home load map go to park)I try to find the new job the Whims do not happend anything (complete), but when I delet it show the new Whins it can complete.

Message 202 of 212 (2,163 Views)

Re: Whims cannot completing

★★★ Novice

I can't believe this is still not fixed after all this time. Having same issues with whims and it is driving me insane enough, since I missed ones I really needed, that I just have not played much. Please fix this. Tired of just playing dress up in CAS lol

Message 203 of 212 (2,059 Views)

Re: Whims cannot completing

★ Guide
@Malreyna I have found a somewhat of a workaround for this issue. If there's a whim I really want to complete, I save and exit to main menu, then go back in to the game and that should allow you to complete the whim. It's not ideal for sure and they definitely should fix this, but it helps some of the time at least.
Message 204 of 212 (1,981 Views)

★★ Pro

Recently, I noticed one thing about whim bug. When I fulfill it straightaway as soon as it comes up, it works. For example, if you get 'kiss someone' at home lot, then just do it at home lot, then it works. If you get 'kiss someone' at home lot, but if you fulfill it in community lot or other lots after loading, then it won't complete. What kind of whims doesn't matter. Any whims can be completed if you complete them at the same place where the whims came up. If you pin them and leave them for later, and if you move to other lot through loading, then  they won't be completed. This is what I found so far.

Message 205 of 212 (1,932 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I seem to be having this bug, or at least something similar.  From what I've noticed, my whims do not fulfil only when I pin them.

Message 206 of 212 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve noticed that I have this problem with whims that were active at the time of my last save — if I delete those and get new ones, they start working again, at least for a while. I’m not sure if any other things like travel or switching to build mode affects this issue. 

Message 207 of 212 (1,622 Views)

★ Guide

For some reason I can't Me Too this thread.

I've noticed this problem once my Sims have left the home lot for any reason.  After that, no whims will fulfill.  I've never tried fulfilling a whim while ON the community lot (or I don't recall doing so, at any rate), but I do know that once my Sims go home, no whims will fulfill.

Sending a Sim to a rabbithole (like a job or school) doesn't seem to affect it, just traveling to a community lot like a park, for one or more of the Sims in your household.

Since this is talked about on other Sims forums, I've just assumed it's a known bug, but I've wondered why it has never been addressed, since it seems so basic to the game's function.  I personally just don't worry about fulfilling whims if my Sims have traveled, or if I'm determined to, I save the game, exit, and re-enter, because that always fixes it.

Message 208 of 212 (1,570 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@MiaSkywalker1 You must have already done a Me Too on this thread. That's the only reason I know for the Me Too button to disappear.
Message 209 of 212 (1,560 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Whims not fulfilling

Hero

Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.
- Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

This is still open on console. Please use this thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-PS4-Whims-are-not-fulfilling-works-sometimes/m-p/8819292

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 210 of 212 (8,594 Views)