Locked Whims not Achievable after Travel

by AmallaeLennon

Original Post

Re: University property not allowing whim satisfaction

★★★★★ Newbie
@o_OJarekO_o Same thing is happening to me. It only happens when I have pinned the whim. It doesn't seem to matter if I have traveled or not.
Message 181 of 212 (1,289 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue for a while now. It seems to occur when the Sim travels between lots, as the whim will not complete at the new lot or when they return to the original lot. It also seems to occur regardless of where a given Sim is based in terms of neighbourhoods.

Message 182 of 212 (1,247 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue too but I play on the PS4.

Ihaven't played in a while and I started playing again last week and now all pinned whims won't fullfill or give the points.

If you unpin the whim it still won't fullfill. 

The only way to fulfill the whims is or restarting the game then pinned whims will fullfill or don't pin whims at all, so that I noticed atleast. 

Message 183 of 212 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

100% (?)

What is your current game version number?

1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Try to complete a whim (sims live in Factory One in Windenburg)

What happens when the bug occurs?

The whim does not complete or add to satisfaction points.

What do you expect to see?

I expect whims to mark as complete and add to sim satisfaction points.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Unknown

Message 184 of 212 (1,163 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★★★ Newbie

hi i'm having this problem  also I just updated last night and started a new game none of the whims are going thru and some of the scientist objectives that pertain to social interactions with co workers are not working either. I have the base game pets get to work vampires and a few of the stuff packs 

Message 185 of 212 (1,159 Views)

★ Guide

FML it wasn't fixed again! AGAIN! Is EA just ignoring this issue or something? They fixed other annoying glitches like the time speeding up when the maid comes or the glitch with taking a shower. But not this one. WHY??? It's been MONTH! 

Message 186 of 212 (1,115 Views)

Locked Whims not Achievable after Travel

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock a whim, travel, return home and try to complete it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any whims that my sim has locked are no longer achievable after they have travelled. I lock a whim, sim goes to a bar, or work in get to work, they get home and complete the whim, but it does not remove itself from the whims area and they do not get the points for achieving the whim. This only happens if they travel while that whim is locked. If they never leave the lot then the whim clears and points are earned as normal.
What do you expect to see? I expect the whim to be removed once it is completed and the points earned, regardless of whether my sim has travelled or stayed home all day,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December patch / update

This is really irritating for my sims who have active 'get to work' careers as they are unable to complete any major whims as everything I have locked becomes useless and no longer achievable as soon as a travel screen occurs. Attached is a screenshot of my sim's locked 'increase mixology skill' whim, and him achieving that whim. The whim never disappeared and he did not get any points for it. He has now maxed the mixology skill so it makes no sense to still have that whim, yet it is still there.

Message 187 of 212 (1,125 Views)

Re: Locked Whims not Achievable after Travel

Message 188 of 212 (1,105 Views)

Re: Locked Whims not Achievable after Travel

Hero
@AmallaeLennon merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 189 of 212 (1,082 Views)

I've been having this problem for quite a while now...

Message 190 of 212 (1,016 Views)