Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by justyniaok1

Original Post

★ Guide

@Citysim9997 wrote:

Just have to be patience, they have stated it they are aware of it, but they cannot promise it will (or any bug) will be fixed soon. 

Rule is everytime you travel, just close all the old whims, and the new ones should fulfil.

Only lock a whim if you plan on fulfilling it before you travel.

Pin or lock a whim doesn't help. The only workaround is saving your game, exit, and come back. It's very annoying, sometimes you will forget to do that, and there are still some whims cannot be fulfilled.

Message 161 of 212 (1,387 Views)

★ Guide

The new patch yet again did not fix the issue. I love Sims and have been playing it since it first came out in the 2000, but I have to admit they are doing a terrible job here!AngryAngryAngry 

Message 162 of 212 (1,353 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Very disappointed to see this was not addressed in the newest patch. Whims and aspirations are the meat of my gameplay loop. The hassle of a broken whims system just sucks the rhythm and enjoyment out of the game, having to constantly save and restart, or clear whims (even if they're ones you really want to complete,) so I won't be playing it anymore until it's fixed. I sincerely hope that doesn't mean I'll never play it again.

Message 163 of 212 (1,345 Views)

★ Guide
Sadly, EA completely ignores this bug, or they think broken whim system is not as serious as the disappearing of above normal quality plant produces. Well, remember to save the game, then come back when you travel to a new lot could avoid this bug, though it's really annoying!
Message 164 of 212 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello Everyone~

Just wanted to add that has been a problem that I have always been experiencing for months now (probably since October?) and now thought that maybe if we complain in many, they might take it seriously Wink

The only way I can make my whims work, is to not leave the lot where I resume the game from when I restart the game. Whims are a very good ways to get Satisfaction Points and as a seasoned simmer the brain is kinda "trained" to want to see the whim completed ones it is done, so I have been doing the very long and annoying process of saving and restarting the game when there is a whim that I REALLY want to be completed. However as we all know the beauty of the Sims is travelling (also tehre is work, etc) so eventually I need to give up to the following whim.

... if something could be done about this (... and mermaids not changing, and freelance jobs not completing lol ... ) it would be amazing.

Toki

Message 165 of 212 (1,270 Views)

Earn Simolean Whim Broken When Pinned

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 12/12/2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: All except outdoor retreat Stuff Packs: moschino, toddler, laundry, kitchen, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the fabulously wealthy aspiration play the piano in public (other sims will give money) then wait for one of the whims that says "Earn $____". Then pin the whim. The money given by other sims no longer counts once its pinned.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Earn $____ whims, once pinned, don't work properly. They stop counting simoleans given by other sims (who are tipping your sim for playing music) once pinned.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to complete the whim through tips from performing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have a sim with the fabulously wealthy aspiration play the piano in public (other sims will give money) then wait for one of the whims that says "Earn $____". Then pin the whim. The money given by other sims no longer counts once its pinned.

Message 166 of 212 (1,068 Views)

Re: Earn Simolean Whim Broken When Pinned

Hero
@squiresims Whims are generally very broken. They usually don't fulfill when you travel.

Is this really the only whim you have issues with ?

See this for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 167 of 212 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem on multiple sim families. I'm really frustrated with this. I would like to get some satisfaction rewards and I can't when the whims aren't fulfilling. Frown

Message 168 of 212 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time I log in
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, cats & dogs, vampires, city living, outdoor retreat, seasons, jungle adventure, realm of magic, get to work, get famous, strangerville, dine out, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My whims complete if I stay on my home lot. But if I pin them and travel they won't complete.
What do you expect to see? I expect whims to award Satisfaction and disappear when the requirements have been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No I removed them all and even deleted and reinstalled the game and even repaired it. Still didn't fix it.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the most recent version.

The most recent update has made it where they won't complete. The whims complete if I stay on my home lot but if I pin them and travel they won't complete. Frown

Message 169 of 212 (1,105 Views)

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? 99% of the time 
What is your current game version number? 1.51.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Kids Stuff, Movie Hangout, all free items. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On any lot lock in a wish. Travel to another lot, do what is needed to fulfill the wish. Any wish locked in on another lot will not be fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? I expect whims to award Satisfaction and disappear when the requirements have been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. I do not use mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue appeared after a patch in September.

Message 170 of 212 (1,078 Views)