Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by DizzyDi33

Original Post

Re: Whims won't complete, don't award points

★★★ Guide

@CrazyWriter94 wrote:

Update: I used the ResetSim cheat (to clear a canceled action that wouldn't disappear from the queue) and now my sim's wishes are fulfilling again. **will stop spamming now, but thought this seemed pertinent** 

ResetSim normally don't affect the whims unless it causes the game to recalculate their mood or relocates them. Certain whims depend on what or who the sim is next to, but even then those whims can't always be fulfilled.

To me it looks like the game shows us certain whims, but those aren't always what the game expects. Meaning, it doesn't display the correct ones that correspond to what the sim wants to do. This is based on the fact that whenever I get whims that cannot be fulfilled, they're very rarely ever replaced by something else no matter what happens.

Message 101 of 212 (1,797 Views)

Anonymous

I'm getting a lot of Whims repeating that I've already done, such as Buy a Dryer when I already have one. Some whims are fulfilling perfectly fine, others are refusing to fulfill, such as the buy a toy whim no matter how many toys I buy.

Message 102 of 212 (1,767 Views)

New update bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except get together, parenting stuff pack, vampire pack, luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure. Idk if other people or having this problem or just me.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's whims can't be fulfilled. They can be pinned but not fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? My sim's whims able to be fulfilled again
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update on Oct 10th

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except get together, parenting stuff pack, vampire pack, luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's whims can't be fulfilled. They can be pinned but not fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? My sims whims getting their lifetime points for whims completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the recent patch on october 10th this issue occurred

Spoiler

Message 103 of 212 (1,599 Views)

Re: New update bug

Hero
@blockhart93 Merged your post with the PC thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 212 (1,595 Views)

Re: New update bug

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank u!
Message 105 of 212 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been noticing this issue with the vampire family I just started playing in Windenburg, particularly with the child. Interestingly, he had whims to dance to stereo music and talk about his favorite band, neither of which I could get to complete, so I cancelled them. They fairly quickly came back up again and when I tried this time, they did complete. It seems random/inconsistent with when whims will or will not work.

Message 106 of 212 (1,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have nailed it down to this action as well. When I start a game whims work fine. But as soon as I have to travel elsewhere they stop working and won’t work again until I exit the game and restart. 

Message 107 of 212 (1,511 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is now happening on PS4. Most whims do not fulfill. It used to just be marriage or baby sims, but now it's just about all of them. 

Message 108 of 212 (1,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

i just hope we get an update before university comes out in November, I haven't played Sims 4 since getting this bug.

Message 109 of 212 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me the whims seem to be able to complete if I don't leave the lot in between receiving the whim and fulfilling it. If I go somewhere else, or go somewhere and then return the whims can no longer be fulfilled. Locking or not locking the whim doesn't seem to make a difference. Once I'm back home I can cancel all whims and try to complete the new ones that appear before leaving the lot again.

Message 110 of 212 (1,377 Views)