Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Whims not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino Stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've been playing in Del Sol Valley. It could be related to that. The issues began immediately after installing the most recent update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost all whims do not complete when they should. I've had Get a Promotion, WooHoo (with specific Sim), watch Civic Public Access, and more. Those are the three that I can specifically remember. The only whim that I have noticed disappear and award Satisfaction is "Volunteer with Family", which has worked twice.
What do you expect to see? I expect whims to award Satisfaction and disappear when the requirements have been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the most recent version.

Since the most recent update, I began playing a new Sim. At first, I thought the whims not working might be a minor thing. I thought maybe just one character was glitching (Vanessa Jeong) as I was having other issues with her as well. Those issues, however, resolved themselves, and whims unrelated to her weren't working either. Almost zero whims are working in game, to the point where I find it easier just to disable whims, in order to avoid getting frustrated. This is disappointing, as my gameplay generally revolves around whims, but now they're broken to the point where they may as well not be a part of the game at all.

Message 1 of 212 (20,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Whims not fulfilling

Hero

Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.
- Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

This is still open on console. Please use this thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-PS4-Whims-are-not-fulfilling-works-sometimes/m-p/8819292

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 210 of 212 (8,567 Views)

All Replies

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

Hero
@ArybellaHope I tested a few whims and they all completed fine for me. I didn't get the ones you had issues with but as you say it's almost all of them, could you try deleting your localthumbcache file as well as repairing your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 212 (20,475 Views)

Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except- backyard stuff, fitness stuff, Moschino stuff, strangervill, get famous, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play your family, travel to a community lot, try to fulfill any whim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whims do not fulfill
What do you expect to see? Whims fulfill when you do the according action
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. September 2019 patch

Message 3 of 212 (20,441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. My sim lives in Del Sol Valley too. She is the daughter of a Sim I made and Caleb Vatore. She is a vampire. Some whims won't complete (e.g. meet a dog, meet a cat, take dog on a walk, buy a bee box, tell a joke) However some whims do complete (e.g. meet someone new, buy a scarecrow, send a happy text). It is happening since the latest patch.

Message 4 of 212 (20,413 Views)

Re: Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

Hero
@justyniaok1 Merged your post with another report.

That one isn't specific to community lots but you seem to have the same symptoms.

Haven't personally been able to duplicate yet but seems there's a few people affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 212 (20,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm seeing this in my game as well. I've got all packs installed, game is patched and has been reset/repaired just a day before. In my case friendly and flirty whims aren't fulfilling while others like doing push ups or cooking gourmet pet food are working fine.

Edit: embracing worked but researching workout tips on the computer didn't.

Message 6 of 212 (20,371 Views)

Whims not able to be satisfed since most recent patch

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except laundry, spa day, and strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to satisfy a skill gain whim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the patch on 9/5/2019, many whims are no longer registering as satisfied. Any whims related to gaining a skill are affected, as well as whims related to catching fish. There are many others that are not working any more, but those are some examples.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I fulfill a Sim's whim, the whim is satisfied and a new whim is generated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch, on 9/5/2019. This problem has only been occurring since I installed that.

Most whims not able to be satisfied since installing the most recent patch.  This includes every single skill gain whim I tried to satisfy, as well as others, such as the one to catch 3 fish (I caught fish after fish, and the whim still showed 0/3 fish caught).  I tried sending my Sim to many different lots in different neighborhoods and had the problem everywhere.

Message 7 of 212 (20,357 Views)

[CL] Sims Cannot Satisfy Give Apartment Key Whim

★★★ Pro

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All except IL Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Roll the whim to give an apartment key to a Sim. The Sim gives the apartment key but the whim is not fulfilled.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whim does not fulfill when giving a Sim the apartment key.
What do you expect to see? The whim to be fulfilled and the Sim to receive satisfaction points for completing the whim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tested the whim on three different Sims and it did not fulfill.

Message 8 of 212 (19,173 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am seeing this in my game too. I've started a new sim in Oasis Springs, and he constantly has whims that do not fulfill. Right now "Finish a painting" is not fulfilling even though he has finished two. I've noticed several others too over the last few days, but can't remember exactly which ones they are anymore.
Message 9 of 212 (20,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict

This is happening in my game, too, and is a real pain. It's fastest to see with winter whims, if you have a save in winter. When the game is first loaded I often quickly have a whim to make a snow angel. Have the sim do it on home lot and it fills easily. If another household sim has that same whim, or if multiples develop the skate around whim, have the household travel to another lot, in my case I went first to a gym, and the snow angel whim wouldn't fulfill. Then have the family travel back to the home lot and whims can't be fulfilled. To get whims working again on the home lot, the game has to be saved and closed down. When game is restarted, whims on the home lot will once again fill but travel and the ability to fill them breaks again.

Not sure it is just travel to community lots because I sent the sims to a residence in Newcrest where a skating rink is in line of vision and told both to skate around. Whim didn't fill even though original destination lot was residential, so it may be travel in general that is the problem.  I didn't actually have my sims enter the residential lot they traveled to, just used it to get close to the skating rink.

This problem didn't exist before installing patch 1.55.105.1020. I play on PC and have never used mods/cc in my game. All released content to date installed.

Edit to clarify that when I say whims can't be filled after traveling back to the home lot that I mean the two whims that can be pinned.  The whim in the colored circle, i.e. flirty, happy, energized, does seem to work okay, at least so far in my game.

Message 10 of 212 (20,356 Views)