Re: [OPEN] When kids finish homework ALL sims stop actions

by Koalagirll

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to say that I too am having this problem. Even if they are not interacting at all, everybody stops what they are doing when a child finishes their homework.

Message 11 of 29 (753 Views)

Hero

Yes, it's so annoying

For me it happens on beds, sofas, benches

Only children though, teens seem fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 29 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have the child resets after homework complete, too. I clicked the "me too" button. I've done all the usually troubleshooting (take out mods, repair game, regen whole new sims 4 folder). No matter what I do, it still does it.

I haven't tested on teens yet. My oldest child becomes a teen in about 4 days, I'll report back once I test with him.

Message 13 of 29 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. And I have no problems with teens. Like you said, just children. And it is one of the more annoying bugs in my opinion.

Message 14 of 29 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh and I should also add that it seems to be just the people in the same room as the child that finished their homework. Sims in different rooms than that child continue what they are doing and are unaffected.

Message 15 of 29 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, so I just finished up some testing.

I first had 2 children working on homework separately in the same room. One finished and they both reset.

I then had the same 2 children work on homework separately in different rooms. One finished and only the one that finished reset.

I then took 4 children. I paired them into 2 groups of 2 and each pair literally formed a group and "worked on homework together" as in, with the group. All 4 of them were in the same room. One finished and only the 2 children in that group reset. The other group of 2 continued working on homework, even though they were in the same room.

I then had the same 4 children work on homework in their 2 groups but in different rooms. Each group worked in a different room, but both members of the same group were in the same room. One finished and only the 2 children in that group reset.

So it seems that, for me, they must be in the same room to be reset. If there are groups, only those in the child's group are reset. If there aren't groups, everyone in that room is reset. The overall rule is that they have to be in the same room though.

A simplified summary would be... (The Child is the child that finishes their homework).

If There Are Groups: Sims in the same group and same room as The Child reset.

If There Are Not Groups: Sims in the same room as The Child reset.

Message 16 of 29 (723 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's the same here, also causes the game to freeze up (In-game freezing of sims rather than client) at times as I've mentioned in another thread.

Message 17 of 29 (715 Views)

Finishing a book resets the house

★★★ Newbie

Ever since I downloaded Get Together, the whole house will reset when my child finishes their homework or when they finish reading a book.

Message 18 of 29 (715 Views)

Re: Finishing a book resets the house

Hero

Hi @TristenN,

homework is a known issue, books are new to me. Is it only happening for children ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 29 (708 Views)

Re: Finishing a book resets the house

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Books causing resets has happened to me before the most recent patch, but on a young adult sim. Haven't tried to replicate since.

Message 20 of 29 (703 Views)