Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Welcome Wagon Fruitcake Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game and wait for welcome wagon to start
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims arrive with no fruit cake
What do you expect to see? A fruit cake
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Unsure which one but it the welcome wagon event seems to gradually getting worse.

When the Welcome Wagon event occurs, Sims no longer bring fruit cake to my Sim.  Sim puts fruit cake in inventory instead of bringing it into the house.

Message 1 of 10 (2,793 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Welcome Wagon Fruitcake Missing

Hero

The Welcome Wagon will no longer hide their fruitcake for themselves. When they come say hi, they totally will give you that fruit cake. Which your Sims may or may not hate.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,114 Views)

All Replies

Re: Welcome Wagon Fruitcake Missing

Hero

Not at all or is it hit and miss ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,734 Views)

★★★ Pro

Not at all or is it hit and miss ?

Not at all.  Sometimes I will see a fruitcake on the ground in the open area or NPC's will randomly put a slice of fruitcake out of their inventories.

Message 3 of 10 (2,723 Views)

Hero

Added this as to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,711 Views)

Hero

@canelacaliente Do the neighbors actually enter your house ? Do they have a fruit cake when they first arrive but never put it down anywhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,688 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Same problem here, I have NO mods or CC ever in my game. Base game/outdoor retreat/spa day running on windows 10

Whoever has fritcake walks straight past house and the fruitcake shows up in inventory. Others show up at the door but as yet haven't been able to invite them in as the action gets cancelled out every time.

Message 6 of 10 (2,571 Views)

Hero

Added since it seems completely broken now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,529 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've only started getting this "problem" after Cats & Dogs installed on my computer. Gradually over time with each new welcome wagon they just stopped giving me the fruitcake altogether and just keeping it. Not that I mind though, but it's still a bug.

Message 8 of 10 (2,183 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Welcome Wagon Fruitcake Missing

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,138 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Welcome Wagon Fruitcake Missing

Hero

The Welcome Wagon will no longer hide their fruitcake for themselves. When they come say hi, they totally will give you that fruit cake. Which your Sims may or may not hate.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,115 Views)