[FIXED] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

by Fierande

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

★★★ Apprentice

this is not fixed for me.

12-18-17_10-59-47 PM.png

I delete all townies, so all NPCs are created by me, all have assigned outfits. in this screenshot, two of my sims are in their everyday outfits, and everyone else is in something ridiculous. I play NSFW, so that boy in the dress with the harpy head (which he is not supposed to have) has his hoo-ha just hanging out. the pink haired girl on the right has streaks in her hair caused by another texture overlapping it on the map. I updated my game on December 12, and obviously it's a real copy, not pirated. this is a nightclub venue made by me. I'm not sure what other information I need to add.

Message 51 of 61 (1,495 Views)

Hero

Any mods ? Did you also try a fresh save with all new Sims ? Maybe some still have something wrongly assigned that hasn't reset properly.

Waiting for more reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 61 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

no, I didn't. I mean, I shouldn't have to, right? this has never happened with sims I made myself.

Message 53 of 61 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i'm still seeing some hats and glasses together, but it's not too bad. tested with no mods/cc.

Message 54 of 61 (1,478 Views)

Hero

@Reitanna wrote:

no, I didn't. I mean, I shouldn't have to, right? this has never happened with sims I made myself.

Just trying to find out if the bug is still present or if it could be a legacy issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 61 (1,468 Views)

Champion

Dance party events seemed OK - the young adults were in assigned party outfits. But the adults were still in everyday clothing.

Romance Festival and Spice Festival were great. Finally everyone was wearing clothing that made sense!

havent tried just regular visit to a nightclub yet.

Message 56 of 61 (1,462 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Reitanna

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 57 of 61 (1,402 Views)

Champion

Here's some feedback on some outstanding issues:

Dance related events and nightclubs - FIXED for Young Adults, they show up in assigned party outfits.

- but Adults will show up in everyday outfits and not party outfits. I don't know if this is by design, because I see them wear party outfits to lounges, but not dance events or nightclubs.

- sims you arrive on the lot with in a group outing will not be wearing party outfits. Sims in your group will show up in their everyday clothes, but your sim will be in party clothes.

GeekCon - NOT FIXED - this is the only festival I've seen that still has issues with NPC clothing - all the other festivals seem fixed, with NPCs in appropriately matching themed outfits.

geek1.jpg

Some sims will show up to the festival in underpants. I've seen this on both male and female GeekCon situational outfits. This is not one of her assigned everyday outfits.

geek2.jpg

Miko Ojo was on the lot when the festival spawned in and she span into this long green gown, which doesn't seem like a cosplay or event appropriate. It just seems like she span into something random.

geek3.jpg

This guy arrived in something completely random. It is not any of his assigned outfits. Other sims visiting the festival do wear appropriate clothing, such as the girl in the purple GeekCon hoodie and the people sitting in the back in cosplay.

I believe this is the issue also affecting @Reitanna in the screenshot posted. It's not the custom nightclub causing sims to show up in random outfits - you can see in the top right of the photo that GeekCon is active - so it's the same thing I'm seeing - people arriving at GeekCon in random non-matching clothing.

Message 58 of 61 (1,342 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Is this issue back? I'm currently at the spice festival and everybody is wearing crazy hats and glasses ...

Message 59 of 61 (1,164 Views)

Hero

I think the hat and glasses issue is different to what we had before.

We have a thread for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-hats-on-situational-outfits-on-NPCs/m-p/6904580#M6...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 61 (1,133 Views)