Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get To Work, Get Together, Parenthood and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a nightclub, a party (social event, invited by NPCs), or the Romance festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims show up in the same weird outfits they used to show up in at festivals - with hats and glasses and the whole thing.
What do you expect to see? Normal CAS-assigned party outfits at nightclubs, please.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occurred after the latest patch (on November 7, 2017).

Not sure if there's an existing bug report on this but I couldn't find it so decided to make my own real quick, as I am incredibly annoyed by this.

EDIT (crin): Apparently the party part of this bug is by design. If you're unhappy with that .. please post here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929309/let-sims-wear-their-assigned-cas-outfits-instead-...

Message 1 of 61 (6,394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

Hero

• Sims that show-up for Dance related events (such as Dance Party, Party at the Bluffs, or similar) will now show-up wearing the outfit they have in their Party category, rather than some other randomly assigned attire.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

I'm currently unsure if the festival outfits are also fixed.

Taking feedback for that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 61 (5,869 Views)

All Replies

Re: Over-the-top Festival Outfits Now at Nightclubs

Hero

I'm also still seeing them at festivals.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (6,317 Views)

Re: Over-the-top Festival Outfits Now at Nightclubs

★★ Guide

I am still seeing them at festivals, including Cosplayers only wearing parts of costumes and part random outfit. Festival outfits are turning up in full force at nightclubs as well. This has been happening since the latest patch. My save was created after the patch and I am not using any mods or cc.

Message 3 of 61 (6,297 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals & night clubs

★★ Guide

I spotted lots of weird outfit combinations at the Romance Festival post-November 7 patch. Mostly male Sims wearing normal tops paired with underwear or leggings. I posted some screenshots at the forums. I'm on macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), no mods or cc (ever), all packs except for Toddler Stuff.

Message 4 of 61 (6,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still seeing this at festivals and club outings.

Message 5 of 61 (6,216 Views)

Champion

I've noticed the new nightclub outfits.They don't seem as random as the previously bugged festival situational costumes, these nightclub ones seem to be pulling from appropriate category stuff from the party wear section in CAS, but everyone seems forced to wear a hat, glasses and bracelets.

In my game, it's only the Young Adults that are wearing them. The Adults visiting the nightclub are wearing their everyday wear, as normal.

I wouldn't mind if this was some kind of previously undocumented feature that wasn't working before, but now suddenly activated with the patch. It certainly spices up the nightclubs - that guy on the left looks amazing now. Usually he's in a plain everyday green t-shirt and shorts :eahigh_file:

nightclub.jpg

If they do revert this, I hope maybe they consider getting visitors to nightclubs to wear their assigned party clothing from CAS, as I  hardly ever see my sims using it, aside from elders and adults visiting lounges.

------------

I've only experienced the Romance Festival so far since the patch - they seemed to be wearing appropriate Romance Festival stuff again, apart from male visitors showing up without trousers flaunting their underpants, although that was a bug that pre-existed before the May patch made everyone wear badly matching random accessories. I did see a few strangely dressed sims still, but I'm going to give that a little bit more time to resolve, since maybe it takes time for their previously bugged outfits to be replaced.

Message 6 of 61 (6,153 Views)

Re: Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals & night clubs

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 61 (6,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that this is by design.

However, feel free to post at the Feedback forum if you have further concerns with this.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

EDIT: The outfits at the parties/nightclubs are by design.  Strange outfits at festivals may still be an issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 61 (6,097 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

But But .. they are AWEFUL and weren't like this before. Why would you change this ?

@SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 61 (6,081 Views)

EA Sims Team

@crinrict

My understanding is that the change was made to attempt to improve this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-wearing-wrong-outfits-at-venues-parties/td-p/4352100

So NPC's should no longer be wearing everyday outfits to clubs/lounges/etc.  However, if there are still concerns with how the Sims look, players are free to post feedback here or the Feedback forums.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 61 (6,076 Views)