Re: [OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by milliemcintyre

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Random hats on situational outfits on NPCs

★★ Expert

thank you. i did a bad job of writing my post.

as someone who owns no EPs (i only own Dine Out and a few SPs) i keep wondering what situations can apply to a game that has no supernaturals, no seasons, no festivals, no tourists, no celebrities, no students, etc. Disappointed

Message 111 of 117 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Guide
@unseenlarks Yup. The outfits are nowhere to be found in CAS. Just need to change outfit to an existing one and it's "done" - for a while.
Message 112 of 117 (1,607 Views)

★★ Expert

@adduapina--"for a while" being the key phrase. Wink saw one of my played but (at the time) not active Sims today, grilling some food... with a random outfit on, plus hat and glasses.

Message 113 of 117 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Guide
@unseenlarks It's a minor inconvenience but still annoys me to see my rich, posh lawyer hanging around in ski glasses in the hoods Tongue out Breaks the illusion in my world.
Message 114 of 117 (1,570 Views)

★★ Expert
@adduapina--i laughed at that... but seriously, i understand, this is exactly why it bothers me. yes, i also know/agree this might not be as serious as other issues, but it breaks immersion proper. Frown

one of my characters is supposed to be blind. definitely does not need reading glasses. that's just one example.

does the game *have* to read my mind? no, of course not. but also, why generate this unnecessary outfit when she is just walking down the street? :/
Message 115 of 117 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i cant believe this is still a bug. I've got sims not even wearing their assigned outfits for random walkby's. I have 2 characters atm walking past my house in glimmerbrook wearing outfits that aren't in their wardrobes at all when you click edit in cas. One of which is someone that lives in the same neighbourhood so I KNOW that it isn't right. It isn't just accessories but even tops/pants, it's been ongoing for at least 2 years for me too 

Message 116 of 117 (1,460 Views)

Hero

Ever had Sims show up looking like a product of a bad makeover? Did your Debate Judge just show up to the debate wearing a mascot hat when they're not the mascot? Did your fellow Spellcasters show up in the Magic Realm wearing not so magical clothes? Say no more… We have applied a fix so that non-playable Sims can be a bit more appropriately coordinated in their outfits and per occasion.
O To explain a bit further, we created a much more robust set of internal tools that allows us to have greater control over the outfits that the Sims choose to wear in unique situations. We’ve improved a lot of the wacky townie fashion you’ve seen previously (it’s called fashion sweaty - look it up), but if you still see oddities - let us know. It’ll be an easier issue for us to “iron out” moving forward! Together, we can defeat the dreaded eyeball ring

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Please remember that with issues like this, already funny looking Sims WILL NOT BE FIXED by this patch. It only applies to new Sims. 

If you have issues still. please create a new thread, with as much details where you're still having issues wit them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 117 (6,978 Views)