Re: [TO TEST] Random hats on situational outfits on NPCs

by adduapina

Original Post

Re: Sims wear random outfits and clothing

Hero
@the_sniper_boy94 Those are situational outfit. The outfits as such are on purpose and not a bug but the weirdness on them are so I've merged your post with the current report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 117 (2,431 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Cosplay Sims at Geekcon are changing out of their cosplay situational outfits and wearing weird ones.  Here is an image:

06-28-20_5-40-08 PM.png

The Sims was originally wearing the Space Ranger outfit as his cosplay outfit.

The only cosplay outfits are:

• Aayla Secura
  • Cartoon Plumber
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Vader
  • Leia
  • Llama Man/Woman
  • Grim Reaper
  • Hacker - Tech Guru Career level 4
  • Oracle
  • Smuggler
  • Space Ranger

I think I have them all.  I don't think I missed any.

Situational Rain Outfits are adding hats and glasses to Sims.  Also, the Sims aren't even wearing raincoats.  Here is an example using Johnny Zest:

06-28-20_8-25-25 PM.png06-28-20_8-26-22 PM.png

Message 102 of 117 (2,339 Views)

Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, but I'm up-to-date as far as I know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Landry Day, and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Live mode in any residential area that NPC sims walk around. Stay there for at least a few minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see at least female sim wearing the swimwear hijab as well as other random clothes that were not assigned to her in CAS.
What do you expect to see? Sims should wear the clothes they are assigned to wear in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I guess whenever the swimwear hijab was added to the game. I am unsure of dates, but I've just noticed it a lot lately.

My record is 3 sims at the same time wearing this specific article of clothing (as shown in "At Night" pics), along with random CAS clothes, but the screenshots I've included were all taken within 24-26 sim hours. They were all taken in the same residential neighbourhood of Newcrest, all around the same lot, in the same save file.

Nancy Landgraab

At Night 1 

At Night 2 

At Night 3 

The Next Day

"The Next Day" sim was wearing the hijab and yellow dress the next time I saw her too. None of these sims wear the swimsuit or scarf hijabs in their CAS outfits. Is anyone else seeing this in their game?

Message 103 of 117 (2,342 Views)

Re: Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

★ Guide

I see this all the time. The eye-searing amount of clashing going on, with so many sims and so frequently, has long since become an ordeal to endure! I don't even know why they do it. What's the reason? What I ask! It's like a clown rode across a rainbow, vomiting everywhere and they wore the hijabs to protect themselves.

Message 104 of 117 (2,307 Views)

Re: Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i own Dine Out, as well as Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Fitness and Laundry Day SPs.

many of my played households have this issue. these are Sims i've created myself and all have outfits for each existing category.

the random clothes i see them in when i'm not playing them (often including a cap) can't be found in CAS. rotating households results in the Sims i had just played showing up somewhere with a random outfit on.

Message 105 of 117 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am experiencing some weird outfits on my played sims when changing households (rotational play). I don't know if it's this same issue or a different one? 

Message 106 of 117 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

and you can't find/remove those outfits in CAS? seems like the same issue. Frown

i used to see the weird outfits all the time, at pubs. that was fixed though. now when you change households, as you play rotationally, you might find the Sims you returned to in an outfit you didn't choose for them. switching to a different (existing) one fixes it until the next time.

Message 107 of 117 (2,143 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You cannot remove those weird outfits unfortunately, they are called "situational outfits" there are mods that remove them however, like MC Command Center.

I do wonder if the situational outfits are really working as intended though because a lot of items seems to be included in these outfits which seem to have little or nothing to do with the actual situation. The clothing generator have always worked badly but here it seems to be straight up broken.

Message 108 of 117 (2,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

right, i meant 'have them stop wearing it'... also, if the other person who posted had found the outfit in CAS theirs might have been a separate issue easily solved that way. so worth checking.

and, since this has been going on forever. i'd be interested in a list of all the situations that cause these outfits to appear. why some characters won't always have them and suddenly gain one. there has to be some logic behind this. :P

i would agree with you that some accessories included have little to do with the situation.... but i just can never tell what the situation is. the affected Sims will be simply walking by, or often outside their house if you have just rotated houses and returned to play them.

Message 109 of 117 (2,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The list is pretty long now, because Maxis keep adding situational outfits... one reason why the outfits look so bad are the random hats and accessories that the clothing generator seems to include with them and they can get stuck and get generated on other outfits, like the towel outfit.

• Fake Vampires - Sims who walk on the streets at night pretending to be vampires.
  • Festival Outfits - different outfits for the City Living festivals
  • Rain Outfits - This is the one I suspect people have posted about recently, it's an outfit that is supposed to look like something that sims are wearing when it is raining, but the items included are things like the ski glasses and the hijab, it's also common that the outfit stays on after, even when it is not raining.
  • Celebrity Outfits - Outfits sims are wearing in some neighborhoods in Del Sol Valley, this one feels completely broken because the outfits they wear are completely random.
  • Realm of Magic outfits - Outfits sims are wearing in the magic realm, seems also pretty broken and sims also seem to get random hats and accessories.
  • Island Living outfits - Outfits sims are wearing during Island Living festivals, I noticed this one often seem to get random accessories a lot.
  • Discover University outfits - outfits sims are wearing when organizations are gathering, they seem to work pretty ok, they don't look too bad. The hats can get stuck though and end up on other situational outfits, like the Foxbury Crab hat.

There are also some cases where sims will wear random outfits because they are supposed to fill certain NPC roles, like during Seasons or if they are supposed to be a tourist in city living for example.

Message 110 of 117 (2,118 Views)