Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by mh4515

Original Post

Re: Realm of Magic makes ugly random outfits more common

★★ Guide

It's not a bug in my opinion. It's a really flawed feature. And I don't know why saves are needed when I think all players get this. They should just remove situational outfits and be done with it already.
Thank god for mccc where you can disable situational outfits. Problem is is that mccc don't have an option for magic realm, so magicians in the realm will always spawn with random outfits. There is however a mod out there for this problem, have not tested it yet but I hope it will work.

Message 91 of 117 (4,293 Views)

★★★ Pro
@simvasion @crinrict
This is still ongoing as of the 1.59.73.1020 patch. Are saves still needed?
Message 92 of 117 (4,228 Views)

★★ Guide

I find it a little crazy to think that they need saves to see this when all they have to do is play the game for more than 5 minutes, travel and/or go to a festival... I just don't understand how they AREN'T seeing this. Clearly they think it's fine? Maybe they just don't play one save long enough? 

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, I will admit I didn't read 10 pages worth, but it's not just townies. Switch households and your pre-made sims will end up like this too. Played, unplayed, whatever. 

Message 93 of 117 (4,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Peapod79By asking for saves doesn’t mean that they don’t see it in their own saves, it’s a way of getting more material to easier track down the problem. Maybe they see several probable causes, so they just want to make sure exactly which of the probable causes that are the real cause(s).

Message 94 of 117 (4,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I would like to believe that they still need saves and are still looking into it, but I fear that the reason why nothing has happened is because they need to rework the entire system for how the game generates outfits in order to fix this.

Message 95 of 117 (4,154 Views)

★ Apprentice

If saves would help I'll contribute...these "situational outfits" in the magic realm are truly something else... Oops

Situational Outfit Fail 1.png

Message 96 of 117 (4,087 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This bug has been going on for 3 years. Safe to say if they haven't fixed it by now, they probably don't know how to.

What they should do is give us the option to cancel situational outfits.

They are broken, you can't fix them, take them out or let us play without them.

Message 97 of 117 (4,028 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Naemi_Han Or they could have a bunch of pre-set situation outfits, with no accessories whatsoever.
Message 98 of 117 (4,022 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd Or they could let us edit the situation outfits in the CAS, like all the other outfits.
Or all the above !
Message 99 of 117 (3,966 Views)

Sims wear random outfits and clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the ones I own. Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game normally and if you see a townie sims or your pre made sims walking by and you notice the sims is wearing they're not supposed to then something's wrong with the game. Maybe a bug or something
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. No crash, no nothing. Just sims wearing random clothing or outfits
What do you expect to see? Sims should be wearing the clothes that they should be wearing and not random
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just remove Mods and CC. That's all

Sims wearing random clothing, outfits, hats, accessories, etc that i didn't set for them and yes even townies sometimes wear random clothing. I want my own pre made sim's household to be my neighbor but when i see him walking by, he wears clothing that i didn't set for him. His name is John Rochard. I post some screenshots of him. He is wearing a yellow jacket, yellow hat, black pants, black boots and white gloves like the screenshot in CAS. That's what he supposed be wearing even in game. The second screenshot of him is him walking by next to his house and he's wearing a white shirt with red and pink heart, pink or purple pants and brown boots, and glasses. Yes I didn't make John wear those. So before i remove mods, yes John wears different clothing and after i remove mods and other cc, he is wearing the clothes he should be wearing like in the third screenshot of him walking by a brick thing around 3:22 pm. Yellow jacket, yellow hat, black pants, black boots and white gloves. I want you to know that I use very, very little CC and Mods. Okay so let met tell you the lost of CC and Mods i use in my game. Like I say, very, very little CC and Mods. Okay so for the CC I use is: CAS custom poses, andrew poseplayer, More CAS Columns (3_Columns), MTS_Scumbumbo_TeleportAnySim. Okay so for the mods, I use UI_Cheats_Extension, LittleMsSam_MoreBestFriends and McCmdCenter

Message 100 of 117 (3,864 Views)