[FIXED] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by simvasion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a place where townies and other NPCs will wear situational outfits, such as any City Living festival or travel to Puerto Llamente market in Selvadorada.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs wearing situational outfits now have random hats, usually baseball caps as part of their normal situational outfits generated for the festival or job, for example Selvadoradan market stall vendors are now in baseball hats. Townies visiting the Romance or Spice Festival are wearing baseball hats and Darth Vader masks.
What do you expect to see? No hats and random accessories on Situational Outfits if there aren't meant to be any.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2018 patches.

Since the June patches, I've noticed that there were townies at City Living festivals wearing hats in addition to their regular festival situational outfits. At the spice market and romance festival, there seemed to be more sims with baseball caps, when I remember that previously sims wouldn't have hats during those festivals. One townie at the Spice Festival even had a Darth Vader helmet on.

Then, I visited Selvadorada for the first time since the June patches and all of the Native market stall vendors are wearing baseball caps now.

hats.jpg

So there definitely seems to be some global bug with situational outfits since the Seasons patches that is causing this.

It may also be related to or the same bug cause as the towel outfits having random hats accessories also reported.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 117 (11,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

Hero

Ever had Sims show up looking like a product of a bad makeover? Did your Debate Judge just show up to the debate wearing a mascot hat when they're not the mascot? Did your fellow Spellcasters show up in the Magic Realm wearing not so magical clothes? Say no more… We have applied a fix so that non-playable Sims can be a bit more appropriately coordinated in their outfits and per occasion.
O To explain a bit further, we created a much more robust set of internal tools that allows us to have greater control over the outfits that the Sims choose to wear in unique situations. We’ve improved a lot of the wacky townie fashion you’ve seen previously (it’s called fashion sweaty - look it up), but if you still see oddities - let us know. It’ll be an easier issue for us to “iron out” moving forward! Together, we can defeat the dreaded eyeball ring

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Please remember that with issues like this, already funny looking Sims WILL NOT BE FIXED by this patch. It only applies to new Sims. 

If you have issues still. please create a new thread, with as much details where you're still having issues wit them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 117 of 117 (6,755 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Random hats on situational outfits on NPCs

Champion

I was wondering about this some more and why the prevalance of baseball hats, when I spotted some tourists wandering by and realised those were the same hats.

I think that's what is happening - the Selvadoradans were dressed as tourists the last time I saw them as walkby tourists while I was playing on a City Living lot. Then when I saw the same ones next time in Selvadorada, they'd put on situational outfits for the market place, but they didn't clear the hats from the previous tourist outfit.

The next day when the townie native changed back into his regular hatless clothing and then back into the market vendor outfit, the hat was gone.

Probably the same thing with the guy in the Darth Vader helmet at the Spice Festival. Maybe he was wearing one the day before at GeekCon.

It's a case of items not being cleared from a previous outfit when changing into a new situation outfit?

Message 2 of 117 (11,025 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m seeing the same issue. Visited the romance festival and the Sims there were in the correct tops/bottoms but they also had headwear that they shouldn’t have.

Message 3 of 117 (11,016 Views)

Champion

@simvasion wrote:

It's a case of items not being cleared from a previous outfit when changing into a new situation outfit?

Perhaps it is just random, because I have no explanation for this teenager wearing a Star Wars rebel fighter pilot helmet at the Romance Festival...

rebel.jpg

Message 4 of 117 (10,991 Views)

Hero
It's a teen. He probably thinks that's romantic ? Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 117 (10,986 Views)

Hero
I've added this .. for now to the base game list as it could be happening elsewhere to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 117 (10,951 Views)

★★ Guide

There appeared to be a top hat and glasses convention when I arrived at the Romance Festival today. (New game, macOS 10.13.6, no mods or CC, all packs except laundry and pet stuff)

romance-festival-hats-2sep2018.jpg

Message 7 of 117 (10,725 Views)

NPC Sims wear crazy clothes at night

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a vampire live in your household. Go out after 8 pm and watch the townies.
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost all Sims wear hats, glasses, full jewellery and crazy clothes. If you invite one of these NPCs to your house and try to change their clothes via the closet, the crazy outfit does not exist. This happens in all Seasons
What do you expect to see? Assigned or less extreme clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I currently play in Oasis Springs and remarked this issue after a vampire moved into my house. It also happens in Forgotten Hollow, but not in other neighbourhoods without vampires. A very similar clothing bugs happens at the Spice Festival though, even without vampires.

I think this bug was fixed some times ago, it looks like it has returned with one of the recent patches.

Clothes.jpg

Message 8 of 117 (10,719 Views)

Re: NPC Sims wear crazy clothes at night

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does look similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-hats-on-situational-outfits-on-NPCs/m-p/6904580 as it seems to be a situational outfit they are wearing.

Are those townies normal townies or vampires ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 117 (10,711 Views)

Re: NPC Sims wear crazy clothes at night

★★★★ Pro

Both vampires and normal Sims wear the strange outfits.

Message 10 of 117 (10,700 Views)