Re: Wedding guests no longer sit down.

by Nautilaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wedding guests no longer sit down

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, I ran into this issue, and couldn't figure out why it was happening. I built a new wedding venue and there are no routing issues anywhere, and guests sit on the chairs during the event to eat/chat, but refuse to sit down during the ceremony. I tried it with mods, without mods, with different types of chairs, with chairs placed diagonally and straight, with arch moved closer and further from the chairs - the result is the same.

Not sitting down: http://41.media.tumblr.com/f46978badd488921eabb71344e3e963d/tumblr_nr9ul694VR1t0jfq2o1_1280.png

Can sit down if sims aren't getting married at the arch: https://41.media.tumblr.com/e7de02574c430cbf6669b75d7cbffa10/tumblr_inline_nr9uxwecyV1sr7yhb_1280.pn...

So I went to test my old wedding venue. I know for a fact back when I built/tested it (in September 2014), guests DID sit down on the benches. Today, however, they no longer sit down: https://40.media.tumblr.com/dd917a36aa868073ec5bb678a6206a66/tumblr_inline_nr9xhlU9Yw1sr7yhb_1280.pn...

Message 1 of 31 (5,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Wedding guests no longer sit down

Hero

Sims should now sit when attending a wedding…
  • Or rather, the majority of Sims should now sit when attending a wedding. We can't hold up the proceedings if you create some ominous maze of doom in order to arrive…
  • or if you bring your starving friends past a grand buffet...
  • or if the bladder is just not going to wait...
  • But barring some great catastrophe, Sims should si… unless you just don’t like the groom.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 31 (5,022 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wedding guests no longer sit down.

★★★★ Novice

i noticed this too and it's annoying. guests stand behind all the chairs or benches and watch the ceremony. but when the ceremony is done they sit and chat and have cake and drinks.

Message 2 of 31 (5,156 Views)

Re: Wedding guests no longer sit down

Hero

Added this

Do any of you know since when this is happening ?

@ju1ka @Nautilaa

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 31 (5,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have playing for maybe a month and it was always like this. where do you add these? the bugs i mean.

Message 4 of 31 (5,126 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly I can't say. It was definitely not a problem early on in the game, but of course it's been almost a year since the game came out, so that's not a very good indicator.

Message 5 of 31 (5,122 Views)

Hero

@Nautilaa wrote:

i have playing for maybe a month and it was always like this. where do you add these? the bugs i mean.

To the compiled list: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (5,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

will EA/Maxis know of this?

Message 7 of 31 (5,109 Views)

Hero

They are aware of the list. How they go about it, is not in my hands.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (5,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thanks.

Message 9 of 31 (5,101 Views)

Hero

Could anyone check if this has been fixed 

@Nautilaa @ju1ka

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (4,992 Views)