Re: Wedding venue lot type not available to schedule weddings at

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Wedding Venues not Listed as a Location when Planning a Wedding (Social Even

★★★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too, so in the end I set the venue as a lounge (luckily I had everything for it already) selected it for my wedding, and then when everyone was at the venue I went into build mode and changed it back to wedding venue! This worked and also stopped random sims being at my wedding! Not an ideal fix but works for the time being Standard smile

Message 11 of 16 (3,891 Views)

Re: Wedding Venues not Listed as a Location when Planning a Wedding (Social Even

★★★★ Expert

This happened to me, too. I ended up making my wedding venue a park and adding monkey bars, since I had most of the other park items. It didn’t show up until it was a complete park, so I was snarking to my friend on Discord “Okay, loading screen #5, will it show up yet?” 

I finally got it to work… as a park wedding.

Message 12 of 16 (3,800 Views)

Wedding venue lot type not available to schedule weddings at

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Jungle adventure GP, Parenthood GP, Toddler stuff SP, Fitness stuff SP, Tiny living SP, Nifty knitting SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When booking a wedding and choosing the lot to host the wedding at, none of the new wedding venue lot types appear as options to have your wedding at
What happens when the bug occurs? Wedding venue lot type not available as a lot to host a wedding at
What do you expect to see? Wedding venue lot types available to choose when booking a wedding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My Wedding Stories patch (1.53)

When booking a wedding and choosing the lot to host the wedding at, none of the new wedding venue lot types appear as options to have your wedding at

Message 13 of 16 (3,768 Views)

★ Guide

The following changes are required to the tuning file

16202  situation_Wedding

<L n="compatible_venues">
    <T>16876<!--venue_museum--></T>
    <T>25847<!--venue_park--></T>
    <T>16869<!--venue_bar--></T>
    <T>16870<!--venue_club--></T>
    <T>16875<!--venue_lounge--></T>
    <T>28614<!--venue_residential--></T>
    <T>125223<!--venue_ChaletGardens--></T>
    <T>122247<!--venue_cafe--></T>
    <T>123794<!--venue_pool--></T>
    <T>123132<!--venue_Ruins--></T>
    <T>125071<!--venue_OceanBluff--></T>
    <T>130713<!--venue_Restaurant--></T>
    <T>138380<!--venue_MyshunoMeadows--></T>
    <T>9279<!--venue_generic--></T>
    <T>205126<!--venue_beach--></T>
    <T>223944<!--venue_CommunityLot--></T>
    <T>223946<!--subVenue_Garden--></T>
    <T>231465<!--subVenue_MakerSpace--></T>
    <T>223945<!--subVenue_Market--></T>
    <T>273016<!--venue_wedding--></T>
  </L>

Just add the bolded line.

Message 14 of 16 (3,666 Views)

★★★ Guide
@83bienchen Thank you! I can't believe I had to resort to making my own temporary fix/mod until the Sims team fixes this issue.
Message 15 of 16 (3,641 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (7,614 Views)