Re: Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

by elerrina13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

We're talking about this over on the Sims forums, but I haven't seen it reported here yet.

In City Living, if you win the curry contest at the spice festival, you immediately spin into the unlocked curry champion T-shirt. Unfortunately, this permanently changes your current outfit. Not just the top but hats, jewelry, and other accessories are lost. I've only seen this happen while wearing a two-piece, so my bottoms and shoes remained intact, but others have reported that when wearing a one-piece outfit their entire lower half disappeared??

This permanent change also happens if you choose to "Buy and wear" any festival T-shirt. Changing to another outfit or going to a mirror or dresser does not restore the lost clothing or accessory choices.

I'm on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or cc. I have not yet applied today 's update, but I didn't see anything in the patch notes that addressed this issue.

Message 1 of 17 (9,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

Hero

• Sims' career outfits are no longer permanently altered when buying a Festival T-Shirt. However, this may still be an issue with the Curry Challenge tee.

Should be mostly fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (8,990 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

Hero

Thanks

Hard to believe that there isn't a thread but I couldn't find one either :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (9,460 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

★★ Guide

I've now applied the December 1 patch and have done more testing. I took a Sim who was a Spice Hound and had already won the curry contest to the Spice Festival, wearing his unlocked curry champion T-shirt. He ate the curry contest curry and won the $100, and spun into new clothes even though he was already wearing the T-shirt. His pants and shoes changed into those from a different outfit slot, and he again lost his accessories (bracelet, ring, and earrings). Going to "change appearance" in a mirror did not restore the lost pants, shoes, or accessories.

For these festival T-shirts to work properly, they should behave like when a Sim comes home from work with a new work outfit. The unlocked work clothes do not take the place of any of the current outfit slots, but can still be chosen from CAS if the player chooses.

Message 3 of 17 (9,434 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (9,402 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm the one that started that thread on the Sims forums, but I didn't notice until now that SimGuruNick had replied. Unfortunately I don't have that save game any more to upload like he asked and I don't have time to play right now to upload another one (I stopped doing the curry challenge on all my sims after I discovered the bug). If anyone has a save with this bug they can share with SimGuruNick here or on the Sims forums, who knows it might help speed up a fix.  http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/904015/curry-challenge-t-shirt-removes-existing-outfit 

Message 5 of 17 (9,382 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem in January 2017 but for me the outfit replaced was the police uniform and every time I go to work it's wears the curry festival shirt and a can't find out how to change back

Message 6 of 17 (9,249 Views)

★ Pro
Lately since the latest patch my Sims are going to work in the curryfestival t-shirt! I changed it with the carrier-clothing cheat but after a while this darn shirt is back. He was at home doing some gardening and when worktime came up he changed into his workclothing as usual but now instead of wearing his tux and hat as always he is wearing the curryfesrival shirt. Tux and hat are gone! And the red curry shirt is back! The whole wardrobe of my sims is messed up since the latest patch! Outfits get deleted and replaced with random cityliving outfits by the game! All the long spended hours in CAS goes down the drain. Very annoying.
Message 7 of 17 (8,981 Views)

★ Pro
@ryu963
To change the work-outfit for the curent Sim use this cheat:
sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
Message 8 of 17 (8,959 Views)

★★ Pro

My Sim won the Curry Challenge (first time I've done it) recently and it changed his Everyday top to the Curry Challenge t-shirt. It still remained that way after quitting for the night and playing again the next day. I had to go in and manually change his top back to what it was.

Message 9 of 17 (8,948 Views)

★ Pro

@manzana0807

You better skip the Curry Challenge for your Sims because once won, the shirt you'll get will mess-up your wardrobe and will apparently also mess-up your work-outfit.

Message 10 of 17 (8,937 Views)