[FIXED] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

by daikoyu

Original Post

Re: Wants/Fears: Keeps reappearing even though not enabled in settings

★★★ Guide

I have this happening also with just MCCC in my mods folder/wants and fears turned off in game options.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17oTnz7XBquHIcKXy4bXW5g4prDmGVFx5/view?usp=sharing 

Message 81 of 207 (1,123 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too. I also have no mods installed, and I have never had mods installed. They just updated the game, and this issue, along with the constant irrelevant fears issue, has yet to be resolved. This has happened across multiple saves at this point.

I mean my sim, who was promoted the day before, got the fear of a dead-end job. I don't even see any wants or fears above his head, so it's possible that the issue actually got worse with the update, and the sims can still get negative moodlets even with wants/fears completely disabled.

Message 82 of 207 (908 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@JAILBR8K I suspect that fear came into effect in the time between your opening up that household or restarting game. Toggle just says “showing” them. Once they’re active, they remain.
Message 83 of 207 (898 Views)

Re: Wants and Fears still affecting game when turning off/Glitched Vet UI

★★★★ Novice

A couple of other people have noticed that despite having it turned off, it will come back every time your sim travels. I'm so tired of the "dead-end job" fear! Your dream job was to be a TEACHER! I CHOOSE YOUR WANTS AND FEARS. Stop resisting! You are my creation! 

Message 84 of 207 (844 Views)

Wants/Fears Keep Appearing After I've Unchecked the Box in Gameplay

★★★ Newbie

In my current game I have unchecked the box so the wants/fears do not display, but now every time I restart the game the wants/fears appear even though the box is still not checked. I have to go into the Gameplay Options and check and uncheck the box and choose Apply Changes for it to go away. Also, anytime I go into CAS to edit their look during the game, the wants/fears appear again after I resume playing and I have to check/uncheck the box again. Please help! Thank you.

Message 85 of 207 (808 Views)

Re: Wants/Fears Keep Appearing After I've Unchecked the Box in Gameplay

Hero
@arm0517 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 207 (787 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JAILBR8K 

@Ozambersand Is right, if you got a fear the fear will sometimes stuck on your sim, self if you toggle it off. Because of this I needed to add a mod which remove fears completely self if I don’t play with wants & fears. My elders got the fear //Fear of Death// almost instant after I loaded in households (self if the elder was only a walk by in this moment) because the stupid toggle bugged out. I don’t really understand why some NPC development any fear, and the toggle don’t remove instant all fears if you toggle it off again! At last, since I use the mod it stopped with the screaming and running elders, and my only issue are the wants.

Message 87 of 207 (770 Views)

Wants/fears option won’t stay off

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, snowy escape, cottage living, cats and dogs, get to work, outdoor retreat, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I go into options and shut off the wants/fears, click apply changes, go back to playing and if I switch between sims or if my sim gets back from work the stupid wants/fear bubbles are back above the sims head. I go back into options and it’s not selected, but I have to go back through- select it- apply changes- go back to options- uncheck the wants/fears- apply changes again and it still comes back on.
What do you expect to see? That the changes I apply stick after clicking apply changes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also my farm animals keep dying even when I have that box unchecked. It’s getting frustrating. I keep hoping that will change but it hasn’t. 

Message 88 of 207 (750 Views)

★ Novice

Wants and fears turn back on every time I:

- Edit sim in CAS

- travel

- save

- got into build mode

Message 89 of 207 (683 Views)

★ Guide

A sim of mine got a fear of fire. I removed the fear and turns the fears/wants off, and yet it was clearly still active because every time he cooked he set the oven on fire. I've ditched that sim because it ruins gameplay.

Message 90 of 207 (649 Views)