[FIXED] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

by daikoyu

Original Post

Re: show wants & fears button broken?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@nickinbigd I totally agree with you , having exactly the same problems and it interferes with my game totally.

@MickRonson Well said, totally agree.

[CM - Combined consecutive posts]

Message 41 of 207 (1,100 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★★★★★ Novice

also having this issue. happens when i swap households, happens when i go in/out of CAS, etc. on PC as well. both with mods on and off.

Message 42 of 207 (1,056 Views)

Re: Sim Still Holds Fear After Being Cured

★★ Apprentice

Anyone else turn off wants and fears, but find that they still appear? I turned them off since they broke my game, but my sim frequently has wants showing up and occasionally has new fears added. I often have to go turn wants and fears on and then back off to make them go away, but my sim is still scared of the dark. 

Message 43 of 207 (1,002 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. I have a sim that got stuck on fear of the dark, so I disabled everything and it keeps coming back. I liked whims just fine, but this is so very broken and I really hate it. The fears keep coming back- fear of a dead end job the same day my sim gets promoted? Fear of the dark will never go away and affects my sim in daylight. I wouldn't mind just wants, but the fears are awful and I can't turn them off. 

Message 44 of 207 (1,005 Views)

★ Guide

I really wish they would prioritize fixing this. It messes with game play. Last night my sims were in the middle of a huge fight over him flirting with someone else, and because she had a "Want" to flirt with someone (from having the romantic trait), she kept autonomously flirting with him in the middle of the fight and losing her angry moodlet for a flirty one. Very frustrating.

Message 45 of 207 (941 Views)

Wants and Fears showing up all the time

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School years, werewolves pack, my wedding stories, fasion street kit, city living, cottage living, paranormal stuff pack, Star Wars, nifty knitting, echo lifestyle, university, realm of magic, strangerville, tiny living, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, laundry day, Parenthood, get together, get to work, vampires, dine out, Toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, spooky stuff, romantic garden, spa day, luxury party stuff, mochino, legacy edition, holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go to play a character the wants and fears will be shown, if you move to have it not enabled then once you create a sim or leave the game to come back, it shows up again, even if you save the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It keeps showing wants and fears when I don't want them. And causes the moods to change.
What do you expect to see? when I go to play a character, I would like to not have to go and disable the wants and fears all the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't make any changes, but it occurred after I bought High School years.

Attached are two screenshots showing that the wants and fears are showing up even when I don't have them enabled. 

Message 46 of 207 (932 Views)

Wants and fears on even if disabled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Wants and Fears are still on even when the setting is disabled. This started happening after the latest August 2nd, update. If I go to CAS, Manage Worlds, or restart the game, they reappear. They should still be off after any of these actions, and I disabled all my packs to BG only. Simply deleted the whole Electronic Arts folder, to generate a new folder, which also deleted my mods as well. I don't know, as many others have the same issue. Can EA please find a solution or patch this up? It also occurs on another Sim on a different save. The Whims felt much more comfortable and less tough to deal with. Playing other Sim games until fixed.

Message 47 of 207 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

its not only the toggle for wants and fears it is also the toggle for the effect of build/by items on the sims that does not work. 

Message 48 of 207 (1,021 Views)

Champion

Since my last post, I've experienced the wants and fears reappearing randomly, not just when reloading the game or going to CAS.  Sometimes they reappear after a phone call or text about some change.  Just now, they reappeared after my sims got engaged.  As another user mentioned, I don't really care about the wants appearing.  It's the fears that wreck the game for me.  Please, someone fix this soon!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 49 of 207 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am still having this issue as well and I’m wondering if anyone else still is? I’ve even tried uninstalling and installing the game again after trying to start new games multiple times. 

Message 50 of 207 (916 Views)