Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wants/Fears: Sim wants to ask a relative to be GF/BF

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all of them Packs: My Wedding stories, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day Stuff: Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims with close relationship and in flirty mood.
What happens when the bug occurs? The new Wants system has given my sim the 'want' to ask his twin sister to be his girlfriend.
What do you expect to see? Sims to only have the want of getting into a relationship with people who aren't related to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after the new update as it is part of the new 'wants' for my sim.

The glitch - see how he wants to ask Sienna to be his girlfriend and it has a photo of his sister - and his sister is also the only Sienna he knows. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 2 of 13 (18,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears: Sim wants to ask a relative to be GF/BF

Community Manager

Hey all!

This issue should now be resolved on PC and Mac following the latest patch release. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (7,624 Views)

All Replies

Ask Parent to be Boyfriend/Girlfriend

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Cottage Living+preorder, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Journey to Batuu, Vampires, Werewolves, Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Moschino, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden,Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims in a close relationship/in flirty moods.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whims/wants makes my sim want to ask her father to be her boyfriend.
What do you expect to see? The want of a relationship thats not family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the recent update I made a new save, more to have a new family and fresh start on my sims games. However this has unfortunately triggered the whim 'Ask <name> to be Boyfriend.' Which would be all fine and dandy if she wasn't thinking about it for her father. Is there any way to correct this? I can't make this whim go away and I'm very uncomfortable having it on my screen/in my game because of the nature of their relationship. I also.. didn't see anything in relation to this on the forms.

Message 1 of 13 (18,212 Views)

Re: Wants/Fears: Sim wants to ask his twin sister to be his GF

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
What happens when the bug occurs? The new wants system dont filter family member out.
What do you expect to see? I don’t want to see a mother want to date her own SON.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never Used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New wants and fear system

Yeah, game filters again not right for family member and i must say this is gross.

Family.jpg

I don’t need to say more or? She got this whim after I loaded the family, Eric is her SON!

Message 3 of 13 (18,274 Views)

Family romance issues

[ Edited ]

This isn't a bug report because this bug has been reported since release. I just want to talk about how alerting this issue is.

Since release, the game has bug that causes romantic bar between children / toddlers and adults including their parents. When sentiments came in, there has been reports of romance related sentiments between parents and children. And now the release of wants and fears system has bug that causes wants to date sibling. 

I believe this is highly alerting. These aren't typical bugs, these are pretty much showing that game's coding is unstable and doesn't recognize relationships. Its a mess. The Sims Team needs to take step back and actually rework their code. This won't be fixed by new additional features as they will even more mess it up

[CM Edit: Changed title]

Message 4 of 13 (18,264 Views)

Re: Family romance issues

Community Manager

Heya @PatrickClSim3Low 

I've moved this to the Bug Report section of the forum. Could you please edit your original post to fill out the bug report template?
If you aren't prompted to do so, please copy/paste the below into your original post and fill it out so we can properly track this.

Thanks!

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

EACade
Message 5 of 13 (18,181 Views)

Re: Sexual Orientation doesn't effect Wants

★ Guide

My sim wants to ask her twin sister to be her girlfriend. 

Message 6 of 13 (15,866 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims with close relationship and in flirty mood.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Wants system gives siblings or other related sims a Want to be in a relationship with a family member. (My sim was given the 'want' to ask her twin brother to be her boyfriend.)
What do you expect to see? Sims having the Want to get into a relationship ONLY with people outside of their family tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, they were removed before testing this.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This Want appeared after the newest update (7/26/22).

Neither of my sims (the siblings in question) were flirty recently or even on the same lot when the want popped up. They've never had whims to date one another, this type of behavior (to me anyway, I know there have been family-relationship issues in the past) only started happening after wants/fears were added in the July 26 update.

Message 7 of 13 (14,664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Laylamay66678 I made a temporary fix
I edited the goal test and added test for family relationship and sexual orientation.
It's on my tumblr @imagebear
I'm considering uploading on mod the sims, but it usually take more than 4 days to process. Hope they'll fix it by then.
Message 8 of 13 (12,984 Views)

Re: Neighbourhood stories not taking family into account

★ Novice

This seems to have expanded itself with Highschool (or maybe just the new patch). My sim has a whim to ask her half brother (a child she helped raise) to be her boyfriend. 

Message 9 of 13 (9,466 Views)

Re: Neighbourhood stories not taking family into account

Hero
@gs5c53hj5fdn Moved your post to the correct thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (7,193 Views)