[FIXED] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

by brogle321

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

★★ Pro
@Lexurielle They fixed it for the walls-completely-down view. So, it should be an easy fix to correct the other two views (walls-cutaway and walls-up).

I was really expecting that it would be fixed by now in one of the last couple of patches.

Such a little thing, but, with all the other bugs they need to fix, it would be nice if they could at least manage an easy one like this.
Message 51 of 128 (1,180 Views)

★★ Pro
@stjmk Very surprised this didn't make the laundry list.
Message 52 of 128 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here. NO mods. Brand new download on brand new hard drive, still had the issue. No need to add pictures, because they're already here. But I will say it's a storytelling nightmare and you have to either not have mirrors, which creates issues when you really need them for a shot, or reconfigure entire rooms to be sure no walls with windows or doors reflect. 

Message 53 of 128 (1,047 Views)

★ Pro
@stjmk If it it easy to fix is not certain, but the issue accured since they made the changes to shift the windows around on walls and that was last year september with the Star Wars patch. You would think that this would be fixed by now, but no, They only fixed what you've already mentioned and left us with the rest. they rather bring out more and more useless packs which "nobody asked for" and bring even more bugs into the game like those Kits *sigh*
Message 54 of 128 (1,023 Views)

★★ Pro
@LuvMySimz Actually, after that update to move the windows, there was a different reflection glitch where only the outer frame of windows and arches with the wall (not opening) showing inside the window/archway in reflection.

So, they managed to fix that one, partially. But the only view that it is completely fixed so that reflection is correct is the walls-completely-down view.

Walls-up and walls-cutaway are the views that have the new walls-clipping in reflection problem.

And since they managed to get the reflection to work correctly in the walls-completely-down view, it should be an easy fix to get reflections to work for the remaining two view options as well.
Message 55 of 128 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

https://twitter.com/simgurunick/status/1369846384271106048?s=21 

I Guess they will fix the wall/mirror issue one day.

Message 56 of 128 (988 Views)

★★ Pro
@LuvMySimz Some day. It's kinda sad 'cuz this one seems like an easy-peasy fix compared to some of the others. And it would be so worth it.
Message 57 of 128 (941 Views)

Doors and Windows are broken with Invisible Walls and a Gap between the ceiling.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It doesn't matter whether or not you are in build/buy or live mode...just look into a mirror and the doors and windows are still broken.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows and doors cause the wall to disappear and there is a small gap between the ceiling and the wall.
What do you expect to see? -Small gap between the ceiling and the walls. -Invisible walls where windows and doors are.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the patch after they claimed to have fixed the doors and windows with the star wars patch. Not sure which update they CLAIMED to have FIXED them.

I am really angry. I just wish this would get fixed because I have waited forever. I can't take any good screenshots when there are mirrors in the shot because it looks ugly with the bug and all.

Message 58 of 128 (900 Views)

Re: Doors and Windows are broken with Invisible Walls and a Gap between the ceil

Hero
@SimplyDeeSims Could you please update your game ?

The mirror has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Walls-disappearing-Clipping-in-mirror-reflection/t...

Cut-out issues have a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Almost-secure-safety-window-cutout-gap/td-p/947959...

Do you have any other issues (you need to batch fix cc windows separately)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 128 (878 Views)

Re: Doors and Windows are broken with Invisible Walls and a Gap between the ceil

★ Novice

Yes! Also having this issue. Please see mirrors above the tv as an example.

Message 60 of 128 (825 Views)