Re: Sims 4 Mirror Glitch

by Vaurthakan

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

★★ Pro
@josephwastaken The thing that bugs me the most about this bug, is that the only view in which mirrors reflect correctly is the walls-completely-down view. (I just double-checked, and, yep, they haven't fixed the other views.) And, why, oh, why, if they fixed the reflection in that view, why, oh, why can't they fix it in the other two?

This may not seem like a major issue, but it is incredibly annoying that such a small problem, which seems like it should be an easy fix since they've got one view working already, is still not fixed properly.

Also, not game-breaking, not major, a small problem, cosmetic... But... For a game that prides itself on how "good" it is for building/decorating, the fact that this has not been corrected after how many months? Doesn't look good.
Message 101 of 128 (2,290 Views)

Sims 4 Mirror Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs have been installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By purchasing or just viewing your mirror in build/ live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Theres a weird reflection glitch.
What do you expect to see? Do see the reflection of whatever is in front of the mirror.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has happened in previous versions also, I thought maybe updating my software would work thinking that it might not be compatible but that too wasn't the issue. I deleted all my mods and uninstalled and reinstalled so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Please if you guys could help it would really be appreciated.

Message 102 of 128 (2,251 Views)

★★ Pro
@jadeneve98 Sounds like Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection
Message 103 of 128 (2,244 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Frustrating, still not fixed or any updates! Well anyway just replying to get this bump up.

Message 104 of 128 (2,186 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

263 days and still counting... [Bumping]

Message 105 of 128 (2,108 Views)

mirror reflection glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! Can anyone help me to fix this? I've been getting this reflection from mirrors glitch since I updated the game to the Bust the Dust kit. Attached is how the glitch looks like in the game.

Message 106 of 128 (2,038 Views)

Re: mirror reflection glitch

Hero
@Jazzy92211 It's a known bug. I merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 128 (2,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm here for about the 5th time now over a span of (give or take) 6 months to check up on this bug.. Absolutely infuriating. I'm getting sick of not seeing anything getting done about this. I have to keep coming here to complain (putting it nicely) about the mirror reflections in hope that the more reports/comments are added, the more likely it will finally be seen and not over looked. It's almost embarrassing to have to come back and repeat the same damn thing over and over again. FIX.THE.BUG.EA! For crying out loud! 

Message 108 of 128 (1,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice

FIX.THE.BUG.EA!

Message 109 of 128 (1,910 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I SECOND THIS!!

Message 110 of 128 (1,891 Views)