Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

by Lightsims8

Original Post

★ Novice

Same fricking *. EA are you even listening!? 

Message 81 of 128 (1,041 Views)

★★ Pro
@Arwenamin This one is so frustrating; primarily because it's fixed in walls-completely-down view. Just fix the other two views already! Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel...
Message 82 of 128 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

After so many complaints over a long period of time..

The walls are still invisible in the reflection of mirrors.

C'mon now! HELLOOOOOOOO SIMS TEAM?!?

Message 83 of 128 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I just looked at when I last made a comment about this issue and it was 4 months ago... and this was just MY comment, after many before me. Do the Sims team not play their own game? All you have to do is 1) purchase a mirror 2) place the mirror somewhere inside your home 3) look into the mirror. It is literally that simple. How has this not been seen/acknowledged/discussed/fixed by any Sims team member? Blows my mind 😒

Message 84 of 128 (906 Views)

Window and Door glitch (NOT CC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff & Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a door or window, and look at it through the reflection of a mirror.
What happens when the bug occurs? When looking through a mirror the wall that the window or door on becomes invisible (see photos). This problem begun AFTER an update fixed the glitch where only the outline of windows and doors would show through the reflection in a mirror. ONLY from 'walls up view'. Does not happen with 'walls cutaway view'.
What do you expect to see? There should still be a wall where the door or window is placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

LWNBHdx.pngLWNBHdx.png

When looking through a mirror the wall that the window or door on becomes invisible (see photos).
This problem begun AFTER an update fixed the glitch where only the outline of windows and doors would show through the reflection in a mirror.

Message 85 of 128 (817 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just purchased a new graphics card believing it must be because mine old one is on it's way out.

DIdn't help the slightest of course. had I only knew it was a bug. 

Message 86 of 128 (814 Views)

★ Pro
It’s NOBODIES Graphic Card fault. It’s the BUG that just remains unfixed.
Message 87 of 128 (799 Views)

★★★ Guide

I very much dislike this bug. It ruins every single screenshot near a mirror now... Would really like this one fixed. very disappointing.

Message 88 of 128 (735 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

sims4 mirror reflect bug.png

Is EA looking at this bug at all? May 10th 2021 now, and people are reporting it's been this way since about half a year. This ruins the game. Why does EA not see this as a problem?

Message 89 of 128 (701 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Actually a little more than half a year, about 8 months now.

Message 90 of 128 (688 Views)