[FIXED] Wall/Venue Speakers Not Playing Custom Music?

by RyckRainthrottle

Original Post

Re: Wall/Venue Speakers Not Playing Custom Music?

I placed mp3s in Romance folder and the Sim Retro folder.  Neither are playing the custom mp3s on the venue speakers.  The songs, as before, play on home stereos, but still do not play on the venue speakers.  It doesn't appear to be fixed.  Would be interested if they work for anyone else.  Also,  is this Baroque station new?  I have never noticed it until the patch.

Message 21 of 38 (1,712 Views)

Hero

Do ANY of the folders work ?

I've seen Baroque before, yes. Can't say when it was added though. Maybe GT ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 38 (1,706 Views)

[ Edited ]

It seems to be all folders and venue speakers.  I tested almost all the other venue folders/speakers and used different mp3s as well in the folders.  No sound from custom folders via venue speakers.

Message 23 of 38 (1,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

And the same music works on the other stereos, right ?

Guess I need to give this a try myself to get more data

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 38 (1,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

This isn't fixed @crinrict , at least not in an existing save, using the Pop venue speaker.  I only have one Pop piece of custom music in the game, so it's all I could test.  Too late tonight for me to try and start a new game to test but I will try over the weekend.

I had residential wall speakers on a community lot.  I changed them out to a Pop venue speaker.  At first I left all Pop music checked to be sure they were working, for several trips to the lot.  When they were, I unchecked all but my custom music song.  When I sent the sim back to the lot yet again, no sound came from the speaker although the musical notes showed.  I then put the residential wall speakers back onto the lot, leaving only the one Pop song checked.  When I sent the sim to the lot, the song was playing just fine, no problem.

Still have vanilla game.

ETA: I forgot to mention that even though this game was an existing save, I had deleted localthumbcache.package and the slot 1 auto-save files before playing. 

Message 25 of 38 (1,667 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your feedback

Changing back to open for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 38 (1,656 Views)

Hero

So residential venue speaker works for me but the venue ones don't seem to.

Doing more testing

@RyckRainthrottle Was residential working before or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 38 (1,648 Views)

★ Pro

Just an update to my previous post.  I started the brand new game today and had the same problem with the Pop venue speaker not playing the custom music.  The residential wall speakers do play it without a problem, just as they did in the existing save.  Hence, starting a new game made no difference in the venue speaker not working.

Message 28 of 38 (1,633 Views)

Hero

@dolldrms1 Do you know if the residential one was working before ? Wonder if nothing was fixed or just that one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 38 (1,626 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , the residential wall speakers were working before the patch.  I've had them placed in both a home and a community lot for months and had the Pop custom music piece play just fine since I put it into game.  Therefore, I see no fix at all.

I just looked at the patch notes again and they say: Custom music now plays as expected on all venue speakers!  That isn't the case in my game. 

Message 30 of 38 (1,620 Views)