[FIXED] Wall/Venue Speakers Not Playing Custom Music?

by RyckRainthrottle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wall/Venue Speakers Not Playing Custom Music?

[ Edited ]

Venue speakers will not play the songs in the custom music folder.  Home stereos will play the custom music.  Wall speaker, especially the Venue Speakers at the clubs, and gym will not play the custom music folder mp3s.  Its just slient with the music notes coming out.  It will play the EA music and then they go slient when the venue speaker encounters a custom music song.  Plays fine on the home stereos and jukebox though.Tested on plain vanilla game with windows 8.1.

Message 1 of 38 (8,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wall/Venue Speakers Not Playing Custom Music?

Im finding that my venue speakers are working for all categories now. Must have been last weeks patch.

View in thread

Message 35 of 38 (6,377 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@RyckRainthrottle Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (8,255 Views)

Yes, I just tested it and custom music still is not playing in the venues.  I put some Sims 2 mp3s in the Retro folder and the Solar Flare Lounge speakers are silent with music notes coming out only.

Message 3 of 38 (8,248 Views)

Hero

Thank you for checking

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (8,246 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to report I'm having this issue as well.

Message 5 of 38 (8,241 Views)

Hero

I'm assuming this is still the case ?

@daleylife @RyckRainthrottle

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (8,033 Views)

Its not working still.  Home stereos play custom music, but venue speakers are silent with just the notes when trying to play custom music.

Message 7 of 38 (8,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Has anyone tried using the wall speaker on a home lot? Because my custom music is working there. However, it only works if I place the mp3s in specific folders, i.e. the Alternative folder works, while Backyard does not.

Message 8 of 38 (8,019 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it's still an issue.

Message 9 of 38 (7,821 Views)

★★ Guide

This was never really a bug. The problem is that files with null fields within the ID3 tags or incomplete/missing headers cannot be read by the game. This is intentional and necessary since null data causes fatal exceptions wherever there is no validation of data structure or integrity.

To solve the problem you can edit the ID3 tags with any media player such as winamp or tag editor which is capable of updating metadata.

If you need a free editor, try the open-source AHD ID3 Tag Editor

Message 10 of 38 (7,806 Views)