Re: [OPEN] [W] My household werewolf has no texture/ black silhouette

by crinrict

Original Post

Werewolf Appearance Glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Werewolf Transformations - when born from 2 sims
What happens when the bug occurs? My werewolves have no texture, fur is pure black. Another glitch being the features in werewolf form are messed up (eyes, ears, jaw, etc)
What do you expect to see? Werewolves should have the normal textures, fur patterns and facial features.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photographs of the glitches im experiencing with my werewolves. 

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

Message 31 of 37 (4,637 Views)

★★ Guide

Having this problem too. The werewolf genetics are messy as all get out. All born in game werewolves are black silhouette with wonky eyes.

Message 32 of 37 (4,612 Views)

Re: Werewolf Appearance Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

To fix this problem, enter CAS as a sim (human), unlink beast form then switch to edit your werewolf form. Make the appropriate changes, switch back to your human form and accept the changes. To test switch to your werewolf form in-game, it should have normal fur textures, eyes, nose, etc now. I have tested this on two created werewolf sims and it works.

Message 33 of 37 (4,474 Views)

★ Guide
I'm also having this problem (Aug 2022). though I can fix it by entering CAS and choosing a new coat pattern, I'd really rather not do that for every werewolf born in game for the duration of a legacy save.
Message 34 of 37 (4,425 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know this is a slightly old thread, but I'm having this problem. All of the werewolves already in game aren't affected, but every werewolf born in game - or randomly generated by the game - is just a textureless black void. When I go into CAS and give them a fur pattern, their eyes, nose, and lips have no outline and blend in with the fur, and when I accept the changes and leave CAS? They revert back to textureless black voids. And yes, in case you were going to ask, I am unlinking the sim and werewolf forms, so that's not the problem. I do have mods and cc, so that might be the problem, but some people experiencing this glitch don't have mods, so I don't think know if that's the problem.

Message 35 of 37 (4,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

October 3rd at the time of posting this and yet still nothing has been done to fix this bug. I've come in here to see if HOPEFULLY someone has managed to find a fix (and when I say fix, I actually mean fix, not some annoying workaround for each and every sim) and there's still nothing that we can do. Sims that started out in the world are fine, as well as two sims I have that got bitten in order to turn, though their child they had is just a black void with distorted features. Changing the fur color only does that, leaving the features distorted and off-putting. I have tried the fixes listed above to hopefully try and get this to work, but with no success. I'll include a picture of what it looks like, though it's certainly not the first one posted and if nothing is done I'm sure it won't be the last :/ I really hope something comes out to fix this mess, because until then I can't really play my werewolf family as I've been doing without accepting the fact that they can't really... be werewolves, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Message 36 of 37 (4,199 Views)

Hero

Newly transformed werewolves will now transform with appropriate varieties in their occult form fur patterns, rather than just going with the all black all the time look

Fixed in Patch 1.93.129/1.66

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 37 (7,826 Views)