Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [W] My household werewolf has no texture/ black silhouette

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape Game Packs - Dine Out, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, try having a child between two werewolf parents and then have the child age to teen.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a sim who was born to two werewolf parents and she just became a teen. I went to edit her werewolf form but it's completely blacked out. I can't access the fur colors, eye colors, nose color. She is just a solid black color like a silhouette with no details
What do you expect to see? The ability to customize the wolf form.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Everything was working before the recent Sims Delivery drop.

All of the werewolves running around the world are fine but the werewolf in my household, who was born a werewolf is a black void. I don't have any mods enabled, I disabled the SDX Drop but she's still showing up as a black void.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 37 (9,913 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [W] My household werewolf has no texture/ black silhouette

Hero

Newly transformed werewolves will now transform with appropriate varieties in their occult form fur patterns, rather than just going with the all black all the time look

Fixed in Patch 1.93.129/1.66

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (7,830 Views)

All Replies

Re: My household werewolf has no texture

Hero
@22Annabell22 Are you using mods/cc ? If so, did you remove those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (9,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

No. As previously stated I am not using any mods and there is no CC in my game. I removed everything before playing with the werewolf pack

Message 3 of 37 (9,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@22Annabell22 You just said you don't have them enabled. Did you delete the localthumbcache file and move the folder to the desktop ? That's someimtes needed to get rid of them completely

Sorry for being unclear.

EDIT: Also, it's best do actually download the newest SDX to prevent errors.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (9,855 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict All of my mods are deleted completely, my localthumbcache folder is empty and I tried playing with and without the new SDX drop.
I even just reinstalled it to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't.
I had the newest SDX when this all started so I originally removed it to see if it would help. With and without the SDX this error is occurring.
Message 5 of 37 (9,845 Views)

Hero
and this happens on all your saves ?

If so, please try a new windows user approach.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (9,841 Views)

★★★ Novice
Found a fix
cas . fulleditmode on and then age your sim into a child and then back up. should give your sim their beast form back
Message 7 of 37 (9,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@22Annabell22
I tried this but it didn' work :// I have the same problem, my werewolfes don't show their beast forms even when I tried this...
Message 8 of 37 (9,782 Views)

Werewolves pack bug

★★★ Apprentice

The werewolves are having the same bug as pets used to in CAS where they show up all black. I worked really hard on two werewolves in CAS, saved my game. Today I logged in and started a new game, pulled the werewolves I made from my library and when they loaded into CAS both werewolves were completely black......literally the same bug that has existed in Cats and Dogs for years.....In the attached photo that is meant to be a cute white and tan werewolf and all her fur is just blacked out....

Message 9 of 37 (9,842 Views)

Re: Werewolves pack bug

Hero
@MckinneyMini Could you try the solution above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (9,731 Views)