Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] Von Haunt Ghosts broken

by pixiejuice

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Still a problem for me, too. I even took out my mods to see if it was a mods problem, but the disappearing ghosts and NPC visitors kept happening indefinitely. 

Message 11 of 25 (563 Views)

Bug in Von Haunt Estate

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I found a bug in ghosts live the Von Haunt Estate, they are disappearing and appearing and sometimes appear to duplicate

Message 12 of 25 (534 Views)

Re: Bug in Von Haunt Estate

Hero

Hi @zLuizFs_

merged your report with existing bug report.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens in my game.  

Message 14 of 25 (512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem in my game... seems to be an infinite amount of Mimsy's & Bernard's spawning just outside the editable lot.

MC Command has an option to Unhide Hidden Households, and although one or two ghosts did appear, the Mimsy's & Bernard's don't appear on this list.

I know nothing about Sims 4 Bugs or the cause of them, but I save my game to a new file most times I play, to give myself more chance of a recent save being available if my current one becomes corrupted due to CC or Mods... It sort of feels like there has been a Mimsy & Bernard created for each version of the save I have made... as though each time I "save as" under a new name, (for Example August5, August6), it is creating a new set of these ghosts.

MC Command also has an option to delete all homeless ghosts, it warns that this will delete Mimsy & Bernard, and it does... yet the hoardes of them are created again and proceed with the spawn attack habbo hotel style.

Message 15 of 25 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yup, now as I entered the von Haunt estate for the first time, I have the same issue. The ghosts also began to multiply.... very annoying sigh. I don't have mods either, just vanilla game. I wish there was a way to get rid of them! Ugh.

Message 16 of 25 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same. I do use mods but I can be pretty sure that isn't the issue, since others who use no mods have it too.
Mimsy and Bernard will spawn together in front of the house, stay for a few seconds, and then disappear. A new copy of them will spawn, often before the first disappears. I've noticed that each pair will have the same mood; for example the first two are flirty and the next pair is happy, etc...
It's annoying because I would like to see them actually haunting the estate as they are supposed to. I have also seen Mimsy out in town at a nightclub with other ghosts, which I don't believe happened before. Maybe she just enjoys modern culture, but it's silly. They aren't regular ghosts for a reason. X)
I have tried replacing the lot and it doesn't seem to do anything, nor does removing mods or starting a fresh game. I also reinstalled the game for unrelated reasons and that has not fixed it either.
Message 17 of 25 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This still happens. :/

Message 18 of 25 (359 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still happening to me too. Now OCTOBER 2016. No mods on my game!

Message 19 of 25 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that has been fixed.

Message 20 of 25 (851 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help