Re: [OPEN] Von Haunt Ghosts broken

by Icy0range

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Von Haunt Ghosts broken

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

After the patch Bernard and Mimsy are no longer performing their haunting duty at the estate. They don't move around or do anything, they just keep spawning and disappearing in front of the mansion. Sometimes I even have multiple Mimsys and Bernards there.

Message 1 of 27 (3,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

It seems that has been fixed.

View in thread

Message 20 of 27 (3,451 Views)

All Replies

Re: Von Haunt Ghosts broken

Hero

Are you using mods ? Did you try on a fresh save if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (3,477 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin, thanks for the reply!

I removed my entire mods folder and started a new game. Same issue, they're still just spawning and disappearing, doing nothing. Although there are less multiples at the moment, they too are starting to appear again. They are also not the same two "Bernards". My sim greets one, but the other she's never met...weird...

Message 3 of 27 (3,468 Views)

Hero

I can safely say that I can duplicate this. I do have MC Command Center in but as you said you tried on vanilla, I don't think the mod is the issue.

06-05-16_4-50-00 PM.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (3,456 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crin!

Nope, I don't think so either, I don't have MC Command Centre in my game.

Message 5 of 27 (3,451 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (3,430 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue! My game does not have any mod in it.

Message 7 of 27 (3,364 Views)

★ Pro
I've encountered a really weird glitch in a save on the Chalet lot, vanilla game.  I'll try to summarize clearly here for you.

Pre 6/23/16 patch, existing save - Sent sim to lot to practice piano since it's usually a quiet location to do so.  Encountered the duplicate Mimsy and Bernard ghosts now present in games but just sent the sim on down to the piano.  As he sat there to practice which was about noon, sim time noon, I got notifications that his wife was done with work and his daughter was done with school.  I realized shortly after seeing the notifications that they were actually on the lot, too.  Finished that sim day, saved and exited the game.

Post 6/23/16 patch, same save as above - Decided to see if the glitch with the summoning to the lot of the spouse and daughter could be replicated.  Sent sim to lot and rather quickly after Mimsy and Bernard appeared, an extraneous female ghost sim also appeared.  Pic attached.  I don't know who that sim was.  I don't recall seeing her around town. She appeared to be caught in the same appear, disappear loop that the normal lot ghosts were in, always staying at the front of the home.

I sent the sim to practice on the piano like the previous sim day and once again got the notifications that work and school were done for wife and daughter, pic attached.  They also appeared on the lot again.  Finished that day out, saved and exited the game again.  Haven't reopened the save since then.

I started a new game and sent a sim to the Chalet.  No extraneous ghost in the new game but it occurs to me that since it is a new game there may not be a ghost in it yet.  I don't know how soon they are spawned in a new game.  I also had the sim practice on the piano and it didn't end school for his daughter and bring her to the lot.  He is a single dad and I'm not sure if a spouse might be necessary to trigger the notifications and arrival on the lot.  I mention that because in the other save, the child sim would pretty quickly try to leave and go home.  I don't have a traditional family in the new game to test that out.

I had another existing save I went into but that save doesn't have any children in it yet.  There wasn't an extraneous ghost in it either but that save is pretty new, too.

I don't know whether to think the save with the reproducible glitch is just corrupted, or not.  I'll upload it, if  @crinrict or someone from QA wants to look at it.
Message 8 of 27 (3,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am facing the exact same issue!

These ghosts keep duplicating themselves and entering the lot. They're completely independent as they speak to each other and my Sims know some but not all of them.

No custom content, no mods, game is properly repaired and even after starting a new game (which took me a lot time) this thing keeps happening.

Message 9 of 27 (3,278 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm facing the exact same issue too!

Message 10 of 27 (3,243 Views)