[FIXED] [V] Vlad's vampirism offer not working

by Nerdy_Hermit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vlad's vampirism offer not working

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing an issue with the new Vampires pack. On two occasions with separate sims, one after repairing the game, I've come across a bug where you are invited over to Vlad's house because , " I have something important to ask you." Once there he eventually offers my sim the gift of vampirism with the options of "Yes, please!" Or "No thank you." Upon picking yes, nothing seems to happen and Vlad keeps offering over and over again. Not sure what is causing this. I've no CC and trashed my old save files and repaired the game. This did not fix the issue. 

Message 1 of 10 (5,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vlad's vampirism offer not working

Hero

Vlad is now able to turn Sims he has a friendly relationship with into a vampire when offering the gift of eternal life.
  • But, I thought we were buds?

Fixed in Patch 1.33.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (5,195 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you by chance save after you got the invitation and if so, would you be willing to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

You know, I didn't think to do that. I wish I had. I ended up just having my sim ask him to turn her after spending the entire day with him offering it to her over and over.  I'll have to make a new sim and see if I can get it to happen a third time. So far I've had it happen while living in Forgotten Hollow and in San Mushino or whatever the apartment city's name is. :P Both sims were female. Not sure if the extra info helps. 

Message 3 of 10 (5,033 Views)

Hero

OK. I'll try on my own game.

Do I have to be friends with Vlad or live in Forgotten Hollow or do you get the option for all non-Vampire Sims ?

@Nerdy_Hermit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe e it's for all non vampire sims. You get a call from him welcoming your sim and admiring their neck. He'll eventually show up at your sims home and drink from them in the night. Then after some time you'll get the call asking your sim to come to his home as he has something important to ask them. One time my sims was friends with him, the other time they were aquatinted. You don't have to live in Forgotten Hollow for him to invite your sim over to get the gift. I'm not sure if you have to keep studying vampire lore, although both my sims did.

Message 5 of 10 (5,013 Views)

Hero

OK. I haven't tried a non vampire game yet but I can give it a try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks. Hopefully you can recreate it. 

Message 7 of 10 (4,988 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (4,930 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! 

Message 9 of 10 (4,915 Views)

Hero

Vlad is now able to turn Sims he has a friendly relationship with into a vampire when offering the gift of eternal life.
  • But, I thought we were buds?

Fixed in Patch 1.33.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (5,196 Views)