[FIXED] [V] Vampires still have human needs

by sweetbriarpoet

Original Post

Re: Vampires and Energy Bug

★★★ Novice
Actually I didn't think about that, are we all having the problem with sims in forgotten hollows?
Message 61 of 101 (1,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sims were living in Forgotten Hollows when the issue came up.

Message 62 of 101 (1,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

No it was not just in Forgotten Hollows for me. 

Message 63 of 101 (1,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m sad the new update didn’t address this issue. :/

Message 64 of 101 (1,561 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am wondering if it can still be caused by leftover mod issues.. It would be unpleasant but means they can't really do anything about it.

Message 65 of 101 (1,557 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just don’t see how that can be the case really. I am going to test it on another computer altogether with a vanilla game and will get back to you. 

Message 66 of 101 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the narcolepsy issue with Caleb Vatore (one of the game-created vampires in the new neighborhood). My CAS-created vamp is fine. I've not actually turned anyone in game. I already noticed that Caleb was napping on my couch a lot when he came to visit as an NPC, then after I asked him to move in I found that he constantly wants to sleep or nap and that he gets the exhausted moodlet several times a day for no reason, as his vampire energy bar is full (since he's always sleeping there is literally no time to do anything that might deplete his vampire energy).

Other NPC vampires that come to visit seem normal, and my CAS-created vamp hasn't slept in days because she's fine with the meditation right now. I even had her learn how to make the drink that resets vamp abilities to match Caleb's to hers in case one of the abilities/weaknesses was the problem, but it changed nothing.

I did notice, though, that for some reason he only has to pick 2 weaknesses where my CAS-made vamp needs to pick 3, even though they are at the same vampire level (both just a tiny smidge shy of Grand Master) with Caleb actually a little bit ahead of my vamp, which I thought was also odd, though I have no idea if it's at all related.

Message 67 of 101 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm seriously thinking it's a bug with the game.  I've tried uninstalling the game, repairing it, even deleting the entire Sims 4 folder in my documents and running CCleaner to remove any traces of registry keys and nothing.  My vamp still has invisible sim needs.

Message 68 of 101 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh, in case it matters (since I've seen others mention their issues arising when moving in with Caleb and his sister or when having an occult pregnancy or marriage), my CAS-made vamp had a baby with Vlad but didn't like that he was evil, then had twins with a regular sim (can't remember his name but it was mainly to see if there's a difference between full vamp kids and half-vamp kids) and then had Caleb move in without having him be her boyfriend or anything (he is a romantic interest, though), but, as I said, she is thus far completely fine, and Caleb seems to have had the sleep issue already when he was just visiting as an NPC. I did have him move in with me in my tiny house rather than move in with him and his sister (she has remained in their house with her kid), and, as I mentioned, I've not entered any kind of "official" relationship with him or anyone else.

Message 69 of 101 (1,501 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires still have human needs

★★★★ Novice

I have found several issues with the vampires, cause let's face it, I love my Sims games, even this one. And I have to have Vampires!!!

I hadn't said anything, was hoping that the Tired vampire issue, with FULL Vampire Energy was fixed with this last patch, it has not. I have resorted to using the cheat, to remove the moodlet "tired" every time it comes up, because as long as I have Vampire Energy, my vampiric sim should not be getting tired. - This glitch is making the game unplayable, they have full Vampire Energy, and wake up from the coffin, an hour or 2 later, the "tired" moodlet returns and they want to go back to sleep, this needs to be fixed. -

I cured Vlad in my game, - he is still unable to age by default. - Resorted to cheating on him and remove that story opener trait so he would start aging again.

The Plasma Salad issue that has come up, I have never tried it with my vampire, I just make Plasma Janes often, When I have a visit from a decent Vampire, I make 4 to 6 Plasma Janes, and the other vampires will grab and drink it, if their thirst is a bit low. But still, they should get themselves a drink on their own. Without being told to do so. - Guilty Drinker should not be effecting the vampire to not drink at all. There are other options like you learn while researching - Trap Celeb in your home, he keeps saying he has to go, a couple days later, he still refuses to drink from a normal sim that has trapped him. Yes, was trying to do a trapped vampire story with that. -

I have never had my vampire autonomously drink the plasma packs from their own inventory, I ALWAYS had to tell my vampires to get a drink, even when the thirst bar was totally empty, and had over 50 plasma packs and over 200 Plasma fruits in the inventory at the time AND Autonomy was set to full full.*ie, unchecked disable autonomy for currently selected sim, just watched it like a movie* - Tamed thirst or not, should still drink from the plasma packs/eat plasma fruit to stay in the green -

NPC Vampires that progress as a vampire from Fledgling on up, don't auto choose their own powers/weaknesses, This is very immersion breaking. And forces me to have to play other families I don't want to play, to set them up. There is no feel for personal living, like there was for NPCs generated with random traits. The Base code could in fact add this option for those not played by the player. A townie, working a stall, turned into a vampire, or started as a vampire, My sim trains them, they still don't choose their own power. I move them into a home, so I can fix that. THEN returning the sim to the bin is no longer valid to work the stall or any other EA NPC only jobs! - They need to be able to choose their own powers when leveling up as a vampire. I Trained Celeb to become a Grand Master, Celeb is not played, but won't choose powers on his own. Please add this function to the base game -

And a personal complaint for not being able to be an Alien Vampire... That would of been sweet ;) *no rant on that one*

A personal request, as I find drinking from the neck to be a romantic interaction for a vampire, is that a loved one offers their neck instead of wrist, with a greater success chance for getting a drink. Passing out would be fine too from that.

Also, why is there no interaction for a normal sim to offer a vampire a drink of their blood? Here, drink, or drink deep options...

While I was playing with the debug options, I did notice 2 Vampire traits, Removed 1 of them, the Vampire Energy bar, and thirst bar did vanish, and the normal sim needs showed up with the vampire powers selections at the bottom of it all. Reloaded, tried to remove the same trait, nothing happened. So I don't think it keeps it in the same order every time the game loads, and I am thinking this is where most of the issues are starting from, as the Vampire traits manifest, I don't think it over rides all of those normal sim needs like it's supposed to do. *did not save the game, and just reloaded from previous save to continue playing*

Message 70 of 101 (1,410 Views)