[FIXED] [V] Vampires burning at work

by belarsinoe

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Vampires burning at work

EA Live QV Team

@loyabe and @jpkarlsen What powers weaknesses do the vampires have? Were they already burning when the sim was prompted to go to work? 

Message 21 of 38 (1,868 Views)

★ Pro

My sim had Detect Personality, Bat Form, 2/2 Occult Disciple, 1/3 Vampric Strength, Garlic Immunity and Guilty Drinker, when problem first started. She now has added 3/3 Master of Darkness, 2/3 Greater sun Resistance, 2/2 Nightmarish Sleep.  She only has the 1 uncomfortable moodlet now, it does not happen everytime she goes to work, only 3/4. Was inside house each time, it was time for work. Saving and restarting game does remove it so does seem like a stuck moodlet.

Message 22 of 38 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Guide

It can be hard to replicate because it happens really randomly, you can play for days without ever seeing it and then suddenly you may experience it. I just saw this bug in action for the first time last night when my teenage vampire went to school. Usually she doesn't have to go far to port off the lot when she's at home, but this time she was at a friend's house in Windenburg, one of those lots where they have to walk a good ways to get to portal. She got the push to go to school while still at the friend's house and was burning awhile before exiting the lot, and when she got to school she was still burning. Traveling does fix it, since when I saw that the moodlet wasn't going away I sent my other Sim home and when the home lot loaded the sizzling moodlet was gone, though my teen vamp's energy was still quite low. 

I do think it is a case of moodlets getting stuck but this really does need a fix because it's dangerous for a vampire's energy to deplete that much while at work or school, if they return home when the sun is still up they could die almost immediately. Although traveling removes the moodlet, this isn't an option for people who are playing a single Sim household. 

Message 23 of 38 (1,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

For the Teenagers Bat form and Garlic immunity.

The Adults in addition to that has:

Powers:

Detect Personality

Cast hallucination

Occult Disciple

Vampiric Brawn

Mesmerize

Vampire creation

Command

Weakness:

Guilty drinker

Withered stomach

Sleep of the undead.

They always start in the house and move as bat is turned on.

They may briefly get the burning moodlet but usually it goes away immediately. But sometimes they keep burning at Work/School.

It is very random. You may not see it for a week but other weeks you see it almost every day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 38 (1,839 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you everyone for the extra information

Message 25 of 38 (1,831 Views)

Burn Debuff Leaving Forgotten Hollow

★ Novice

My vampire sims are getting the burn debuff when they leave Forgotten Hollow at night.

I don't have any mods unlike a previous post on this topic.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Message 26 of 38 (1,806 Views)

Re: Burn Debuff Leaving Forgotten Hollow

Hero

Hi @MamaChopsticks

although yours seems slightly different, I'm merging your post with the burn moodlet at work issue.

Does it happen reproducibly every time you leave forgotten hollow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 38 (1,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It does happen every single time I travel. Frown 

I have the level 3 sun resistance now, so I experimented (at night) and there is still a great difference in the protection while in Forgotten Hollow vs. any other town. 

I have not given my vampires jobs or sent them to school, so I don't know if it affects them there.

Message 28 of 38 (1,765 Views)

Champion (Retired)

At night you should not see the burning moodlet at all or is it daytime where you travel to?

Even then with level three sun resistance you should not see it at all whether it is in the day or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 38 (1,759 Views)

Hero

@MamaChopstickswrote:

It does happen every single time I travel. Frown 

I have the level 3 sun resistance now, so I experimented (at night) and there is still a great difference in the protection while in Forgotten Hollow vs. any other town. 

I have not given my vampires jobs or sent them to school, so I don't know if it affects them there.

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 38 (1,738 Views)