Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires Harvest All/Tend Garden for only one plant

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I've given up on this issue and the Player Trait issues ever being resolved.  It would appear that EA is more interested in pushing out (broken) DLC than resolving the issues that they create.  I just hope they don't break Spellcasters the way they have Vampires and the Player Trait.  I no longer play Vampires.

Message 51 of 61 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@aodoherty I don't even have vampires and have this issue. So it's not just vampires, in my case anyway.
Message 52 of 61 (1,573 Views)

★ Guide
@Ulfric_Grimbrand
My problem is that i almost always play vampire
Message 53 of 61 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Nettis2009I put my garden in a large greenhouse.  If you plant your garden in a rectangle or square on the side or back of the property, you can then (while your Vampire is "living" there) build a room around your garden, which will toss all plants into your Household Inventory.  Use the hammer tool to knock out the floor, and put the plants back.  Then set wall colors as you wish, then put up floor to ceiling windows.  You can also remove one double pane, and place a double pane floor to ceiling glass door.  For the roof, you can then use the glass "shingles" to create a complete greenhouse.  It solves the problem.  Here is an example from the Gallery:

Castle Grimbrand 

Message 54 of 61 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shyvae Can confirm that this only happens during the day for Vampires. Waited till night and then sim would tend to garden and everything else normally. Looks like a safety mechanism for Vampires but doesn't take into consideration full sun protection.
Message 55 of 61 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Guide

@D3_V1NC1   Unfortunately, that will quit working as well.  I've worked this issue for a very long time now.  The only permanent solution I have found is what I posted above.  If your playing in Forgotten Hollow, Straud Mansion will fit in Fledermaus Bend.  You can then build a place on the hill with enough room for a greenhouse.  Just a couple words of warning before moving Straud Mansion.

When you move Vlad out, move him to an empty home somewhere other than Forgotten Hollow.  Otherwise, he'll fry in the sun.  Then put him back in his new location in Forgotten Hollow after 6:30PM SST (Standard Sim Time).  I've never had him fry when doing it this way.

You might also want to copy the description of Straud Mansion over from where it was to Fledermaus Bend.  You can put what ever description you want in the place you're building.

Message 56 of 61 (1,457 Views)

★ Guide
How many people should suffer from this bug before EA will start refunding Vampires pack?
Message 57 of 61 (1,405 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PugLove888Yea gardening in indoor is working perfectly for vampire sims, it doesn't matter the type of the movement. I had tried everything to solve this issue myself long time ago but only solution for this was building a shelter and garden in indoor. That was the best for Vamp sims. Since that time, I just put all the plants on basement setting the wall height as Medium, then all plants included plasma tree fit on the basement. I used to garden there.

Message 58 of 61 (1,342 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I started having this issue this morning, and I may have found a solution. The issue is with the buff given by the Vampire perk that gives sun immunity (buff_Vampire_Sunlight_ResistanceSolis_Level3); it sets the value of "suppress_outside_objects_if_sun_out" to True, when it should be False. I flipped the True to False and it seems to be working. That's the only thing I changed. The download link to the package is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S8Z6KTXvJl7DSQ2YDHUQUbIwklV8iBe4/view?usp=sharing

Please note that I have never made a mod before; I just looked into the issue a bit and wanted to share my solution.

Edit: As of June 3, this fix is obsolete; the issue has been patched.

Message 59 of 61 (1,259 Views)

Re: Harvest All/Tend Garden only does one plant

Hero

Vampire Sims with Full Sun Resistance are now able to properly tend to gardens and not tend to plants one at a time.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 61 (5,101 Views)