Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire reconfiguration potion does not work properly

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Vampire Power Reconfiguration glitch

★★ Novice

Will this ever get patched? my 'super sim challenge' sim is now completely broken as he now throws up every time he eats, despite being cured of his vamprism. 

Message 21 of 29 (2,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem, and it's making the game a lot less fun for me.

I have a vampire who I royally, socially messed up, she burst into tears and hissed, I had another that I made a guilty drinker, who was also sloppy, I decided I disliked these traits so I made the reconfiguration potion to reset the skills. When I did I could only get them to level 1 or 2, of the 3 levels, before they greyed out, despite having the points. I learned to reload my game when this happened.

But now, my vampire is a 5 star celeb, she spends a lot of time in clubs, and she's the friendly type, a good celeb, when she starts to talk to someone she randomly hisses and every sim in the vicinity suddenly loses a lot of friendship with her. And the sloppy drinker, who was also guilty before the reset? Well he's costing a fortune in plasma packs as he gains a stupidly low amount of plasma from each pack. I've read back through the threads people have posted and all I can gather is that this is a huge bug that hasn't been fixed for months. I've only recently bought the game and I'm a little peeved by this.

Most of the work arounds only work for a short while, which isn't ideal.

Message 22 of 29 (2,515 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately this is what I have had to do as well. Removing the buffs every time I play with MCCC has been the only way I've been able to play after drinking the reconfiguration potion. I even tried humanizing and re-turning my vamps to see if it might reset, but no such luck.
Some weakness buffs get stuck as well unfortunately, particularly Withered Stomach, Uncontrollable Hissing, and Eternal Sadness. I also find it unfortunate that the withered stomach trait does not allow your vamp to consume plasma fruit salad without getting sick, but not sure if that's a bug or unfortunate gameplay consistency oversight. 

Message 23 of 29 (2,356 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing the same thing thank you for the help 

Message 24 of 29 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had problems with my vampire since day one. I only realised recently that Vlad is supposed to coach you through vampirism after reading about the pack, since that never happened with my vampire sim. 

I drank the reconfiguration potion so many times. It'll be okay for a little while, but then my sim will go back to hissing and being unable to eat plasma fruit salad. But he can eat plasma fruits? Weird choice, guys. 

Sidenote: maybe there should be more vampire dishes?

Anyway. He goes back to the weaknesses I tried to get rid of: hissing, withered stomach and sloppy drinker. He also gets reputation hits from people texting him about drinking without permission even though he only did that once when he was a fresh vampire. Very frustrating. Also it seems like he can only drink from someone once? People who previously had no problems donating plasma and have high relationship suddenly refuse him, including family members. 

I was also trying to complete one of the vampire aspirations, but the Survive for 20 Days step kept restarting every time I loaded up the game. 

I've resorted to cheating, since I suspect if I started a new save file I could start over but I'm playing a challenge family and I've put too much time in. 

Vampires have been out forever. Surely these bugs should be taken care of instead of placating YouTubers with white shelves?

Message 25 of 29 (2,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

We fixed the weirdness with trying to add points while drinking the Draught of Reconfiguration. Now you should be able to add points just fine and your options won’t be greyed out.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (9,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictIt's still broken. Tried without any mods installed. While it does indeed refund points properly. It still doesn't correctly remove the buffs and weakness effects.
As weaknesses like the withered stomach returns after moving to a new lot.
This bug also still applies to the vampire cure.

Easy way to re-create bug is to give vamp a weakness like withered stomach. Then click a toilet to see the "Throw up" prompt. Which indicates the weakness is in effect. Then drink a reconfig potion. The weakness effect will then disappear. As you will notice the "throw up" prompt is now gone. But simply exiting out to manage world and then back in again you will find that the "throw up" promt is back again, Despite it showing in the Vampire powers UI that you don't have the weakness..

My best guess is that the game sets some kinds of variable or flag when you first pick the power or weakness. Which tells the game to re-apply buffs or weaknesses everytime lot is loaded. But when you reset powers it doesn't properly remove this flag or variable.

Does anyone actually do Q/A before shipping out a patch or expansion at EA? As you somehow managed to break at-least 3 new things that i know of with this latest patch. While somehow amazingly not actually fix any of the vampire existing bugs..

Here is a list of other bugs ive experienced or read about so far since this patch.

1. Dark Meditation is broken
2. Influence Emotions is broken
3. Vampires can not Back Float at pools

EDIT: Had some luck. A modder made a fix that fixes the buffs and weaknesses not removing correctly. Google "Vampire's Power & Weakness Bug Fixes dhikaodonk" without quotes to find the mod as i'm not sure if linking is allowed here..

Message 27 of 29 (1,973 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ParasiteX2 : FWIW, they did fix some other vampire issues in both this patch and the last one (back in April).

As for the Powers/Weakness issue...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Old-weakness-still-active-after-removing/m-p/7972077/hi...

Hopefully that'll bring us one step closer to an official resolution. Standard smile

Message 28 of 29 (1,963 Views)

Hero
@ParasiteX2 Yup, different issue that was not fixed. See the link provided by @StarryMight

It would also be best if you posted in the threads on all these issues (or just me too). They should all have one.

Thanks for your feedback that this bug here is infact fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (1,944 Views)