Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire reconfiguration potion does not work properly

by Evilx3mpire

Original Post

★★ Guide

Update:  In my game at least, whenever I resume playing after completely exiting the game, my vampire sim starts out with the 'suppressed emotions' buff and a mood of 'fine,' even though she has no points in that 'power.'  After I take her to another lot, the buff goes away until the next time I quit the game & resume.  Ditto with changing households. As far as I can recall, the name of the buff progressed downwards from 'deadened' to 'dampened' to 'suppressed', & has remained at 'suppressed emotions.'

As noted in my previous post, I always delete my caches upon quitting the game, so that's not the source of the problem.

Message 11 of 29 (2,846 Views)

Re: Vampire Power Reconfiguration glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if anything to do with the collision with the Fame Panel in Get Famous Expansion. I've both of the game.

Message 12 of 29 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can definitely confirm this one. 

Message 13 of 29 (2,679 Views)

★★ Novice

This is SOOOO aggravating. My sim was okay. Then he got sick despite having sickness resistance. He took medicine. Now he can’t eat ANY food without it being “low quality food sickness” which is wrong because my sim is a skilled chef. He can’t learn all the recipes now because eating makes him sick. He ALWAYS has the option to throw up. And any time he takes medicine he is “over medicated”. I’m so frustrated because I’ve spent weeks working on this sim and making him a favorite. He’s almost completed every challenge and gained every trait. But now he will never eat so I need to cheat all the time. Randomly he will obtain the stupid quirk that makes him a good snob and that is ALSO BROKEN because even the most perfect food makes him nauseated. I don’t want to abandon this sim but I can’t do anything. I’ve moved him several times to see if that helps but it doesn’t. He’s just a sickly sim. What if he passes this down to his children?

Message 14 of 29 (2,635 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve wondered if fame is bugged as well because my sim can’t eat and will frequently earn the quirk of not being able to eat low quality food... sadly, it happens even if the food is of the highest quality. So I can’t have famous sims or vampire sims for risk of them starving to death if I don’t keep up with the cheats.

Message 15 of 29 (2,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EVERYONE I HAVE FOUND A WORKAROUND! (PC only I'm afraid)

With MC Command Center you are able to remove buffs/traits. Here's what you need to do: download and install MCCC > testingcheats on > right click your sim > head over to MC Command Center > MC Cheats > Cheat Sim info > Mood/Buff Control > Remove Buff and then remove the vampire weaknesses you don't want one by one. 

EDIT: Apparently everytime you restart the game it resets which means you have to do it again everytime you start the game

Message 16 of 29 (2,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been months someone please fix Frown 

Message 17 of 29 (2,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This really needs to be fixed.

My sims walking around hissing at everything and everyone! All her relationships are screwed. I thought this was just with the reconfig potion, but apparently the traits stick around after the vamp cure, too! No winning anywhere. This is making playing with vampires extremely annoying D: 

Message 18 of 29 (2,486 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seems like currently the only two workarounds are traveling to a new lot, or using MC command center's "remove buff" feature, if you have that mod.

This really does make playing vampires pretty dang annoying, and i really hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 19 of 29 (2,398 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I also had this issue, and the first time I had to choose the "sloppy drinker" weakness because the others were greyed out. Later I did the reconfig again and was able to get rid of the "sloppy drinker" weakness, but the sim still got very low thirst refill from plasma packs unless I had him travel.
Message 20 of 29 (2,383 Views)