Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire reconfiguration potion does not work properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs, bowling, laundry, luxury, movie, spooky stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As a vampire drink the Reconfiguration potion that resets your vampire talents and weaknesses
What happens when the bug occurs? After drinking the potion you cannot select multiple levels of some talents or weaknesses or remove them without resetting all. For example the talent that makes you more resistant to sun and weakness that makes you regain less vampiric power from sleep.
What do you expect to see? Be able to take multiple levels of talents or weaknesses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch

Found a workaround for this myself: after drinking the potion do not select any talents or weaknesses, go to manage worlds and back, and then the vampiric talent and weakness selection works like it's supposed to.

Message 1 of 29 (13,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire reconfiguration potion does not work properly

[ Edited ]
Hero

We fixed the weirdness with trying to add points while drinking the Draught of Reconfiguration. Now you should be able to add points just fine and your options won’t be greyed out.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 29 (9,083 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added this for number of me toos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (13,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I feel like this might be connected to the bug where weaknesses are not properly removed after drinking the potion as well. The weakness is visually removed, but all the negative effects remain.

Message 3 of 29 (12,914 Views)

Vampire Power Reconfiguration glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On the gallery I have uploaded a Vampire Sim with the name Miracle Blackmon. 1. Download her, look at her vampire powers 2. Have her drink a Draught of Reconfiguration, and look at her powers again. 3. Select two weaknesses, and then level up the Vampire Strength power and/or the Occult Student power. Select some other power as well. Accept selection. 4. Open power menu again.
What happens when the bug occurs? During step 2, all the powers that she currently has load strange. I assume this is suppose to be an animation showing her losing her powers. After a moment the interface seems to be ready to use. During step 3, Vampire Strength and/or Occult student cause the image to change but not in the normal way with the power being bordered in green and a little minus sign in the corner. These elements are missing. During step 4, Vampire Strength and/or Occult student are now glitched out and level two can not be purchased. Other powers seem to be selected as normal.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the powers to properly reset and allow me to purchase the powers I want. For the multi-leveled powers I expect to be able to purchase all the levels I desire either all at once or by selecting one level accepting out of the power menu and then going right back in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The below image shows what the power menu looks like after going back into it upon selecting Vampire Strength, Occult Student, and two weaknesses.

Screenshot 2018-11-29 15.55.47.png

Message 4 of 29 (12,898 Views)

Re: Vampire Power Reconfiguration glitch

Hero

Hi @GeekyMeerkat

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 29 (12,892 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah thank you for pointing me this way. Tried the work around mentioned in OP's post and that has worked for me. Now if only they'll fix the issue with sims complaining about your vampire's drinking habits even when your sim is being nice. Every time I had my sim drink the Reconfiguration potion while testing this instantly after I would get a text from some random sim saying 'Oh you've been drinking blood from unwilling people' or some such thing.

Message 6 of 29 (12,873 Views)

Hero
There should be threads for both those issues.

Just check the compiled list if you haven't done so: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/34452...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (12,867 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So disappointed this issue wasn’t fixed with the patch released today Frown

Message 8 of 29 (12,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Visiting manage worlds and back will clear the UI issue, but some buffs get 'stuck'.

For example, buffs like Deadened Emotions don't get removed properly if you haven't re-selected the skill,

After drinking the potion travel with the vampire you have reset to another lot does clear the buff - but if you go any play another family then come back, and sometimes when the vampire comes home from work, the Deadened Emotions buff comes back even though they no-longer have the prerequisite skill any more.

Message 9 of 29 (12,471 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Getting rid of Deadened Emotions is the whole REASON I'm trying to get the vampire-reconfiguration to work, so I hope EA fixes the problem TheTenz reports, too. I'm going to try the workaround Punikki89 suggested to see if the talents on the power/weakness window will stop fading out on me so I can actually complete the desired reconfiguration, and it'll be extremely annoying if the Dampened Emotions 'power' persists despite all efforts to remove it.

Note: Dampened Emotions are rather inconvenient for certain occupations. : /

Update: The workaround solved the problem of the fading talent buttons/windows, and I redid my vamp's 'talent tree' so she no longer has any points in Dampened Emotions.  For a brief time the Dampened Emotions buff disappeared. I saved and then quit the game, cleared my TS4 caches, emptied the trash folder, & shut down & restarted my computer, as I've learned to do after every TS4 gameplay session. Coming back to play just now, there's my vampire with the DAMPENED EMOTIONS buff dominating all the other buffs. She has ZERO points in Dampened Emotions. That buff should be GONE.

Later, same evening: the Damp'd Emotions buff disappeared after the Vamp walked into the kitchen, seemingly overwhelmed by a number of items that give off an Inspired buff, & it hasn't come back yet. Have traveled to a number of different lots. Haven't rotated out to another household yet; will try to remember to report back after I play another family & return to vamp.

Jan. 5 2019: Rinse & repeat. Started up my game (caches & trash can emptied last night, computer shutdown & restarted), entered vamp's home, & she had 'suppressed emotions' buff tacked on at the end of all her focused buffs. I had her travel to another lot, & the should-be-impossible-to-have buff was gone. I'm noticing that the name of the buff is changing as if the game were recognizing some kinda change in the number of points, just not the correct/final change: 0 points.

Message 10 of 29 (12,205 Views)