Re: [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

by rostsit

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

★★★★★ Guide

Indeed until culling everything is fine, the status is kept even if relationships bar is totally empty.

Message 21 of 27 (1,120 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 27 (1,111 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the issue of the offspring status disappearing after I used the destroy relationship cheat to fix the forever acquaintances bug. To get it back, you can use the cheat that adds relationship bits (statuses). it looks like this: relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> vampire_offspring.

Message 23 of 27 (1,093 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

Hero

Vampire offspring relationship status will no longer be forgotten as a result of the Vampire Sim not having built any relationship with their offspring before turning them.
  • It’s true. I mean, how often do you get to know your sire, prior to being bitten? Usually it’s a quick bite on the way to the office… just a little snack before bedtime… never really any time to ask the important questions.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 27 (4,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This bug affected my vampire, but I'm only now trying to put the relationship bit back in...and it didn't work.  Two questions: should the " relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> vampire_offspring " cheat still work (w/testing cheats on, of course)?  And if it should still work...which sim gets the 'vampire offspring' label, your sim or the target sim?  I checked here, at Twisted Mexi's (reddit) cheats, and at SimVip's, & nobody says.  Most of the relationship bits are mutual, but 'vampire_offspring' obviously should fit only one of the two.   ...Sure hope someone sees this!  Thanks!

(edited to add: yes, I know how to get the sim ID's, not to use the brackets, to triple check those pesky long number strings, etc. There was no error in my input, but no relationship bit got added.  I'm thinking this cheat's no longer supported, but hoping it is.  My vamp is short two of her 'offspring' thanks to the old bug.) 

Message 25 of 27 (953 Views)

Champion
The cheat probably require's Twisted Mexi's cheat fix mod to work, because it was probably disabled by the Season's patch. Also I think you're putting the parts in the wrong order - the vampire_offspring should be before the sim IDs? Cheats usually take the form "Cheat type; thing you're trying to add; the sims you're trying to add it to".

The order you put the sim IDs probably determines who is the vampire parent and who is the vampire offspring.
Message 26 of 27 (937 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks, @simvasion! I forgot about his cheat-mod; I'll try it with that. The order of the actual cheat is per the instructions in this thread as well as TwistedMexi's order for relationship bits, but it's probably not working because of the previous patch, as you suggested. If it still doesn't work after I add in TM's cheat-mod, I'll go mutter at the forums or something.  :P

Message 27 of 27 (929 Views)