Re: [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

"Did you have culling happening on close relatives?" - I'm pretty sure I have some relatives that didn't see each other long enough for culling to happen. I will check them as soon as possible.

EDIT: regarding saves - the one that I shared should be enough.

Message 11 of 27 (802 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Also make sure to note what relationship they had. I thought family members were safe from relationship culling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 27 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So, no relationships culling between relatives. Despite sims I've tested had almost empty relationships bar. Family members are safe from relationship culling indeed.

Except, of course, you use vampire soul control perk. It makes even son forgot his mother Standard smile BUT no status, relative or clone, is being harmed.

Message 13 of 27 (793 Views)

Hero

But you still have culling on the master/offspring ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, status disappears after sims "forgot" each other.

O do you mean I should check if vampire soul control perk also destroys master/offspring status?

Message 15 of 27 (785 Views)

Hero

What I meant was if your master/offspring was still affected by relationship culling (I think they should be safe) ? Cause I couldn't get that to happen. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

They must be safe, of course, that's what I'm trying to say from the beginning.

But they are not. Relationship culling affects them and status disappears. You mean in your game master/offspring are safe from culling even if they never had "friends" status?

Message 17 of 27 (778 Views)

Hero

That's what I'm seeing in my game. I've played with another Sim for 4 Sim days and when I switched back, the off spring was still in the relationship bar (they have 0 relationship). Maybe I didn't play long enough. 

That's why I was asking for your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 27 (766 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

They had 0, but they still know each other? The bug only appears after culling, i.e. sims have to meet again. Maybe it's your mod that limits culling?

Message 19 of 27 (757 Views)

Hero

The relationship wasn't culled. I do understand that the issue you're seeing only gets hit after culling but if they never get culled, it shouldn't hit (unless you use cheats or that power). Maybe it's infact two issues here.

. I don't use mods on my test setup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 27 (752 Views)