Re: [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The problem is partly related to the game mechanics, which makes sims to "forget" they know each other after some time, so they have to "meet" again.

It's the same with vampires you produce from biting - they become vampires, get "offspring" status, but if they are not a friend of your sim, they also forget they've ever met and said status vanishes. It makes harder some vampire life goals to achieve, and also makes this achievement far less effective.

This status is supposed to be permanent just like "relatives" or "clones" status.

No mods, latest version.

Message 1 of 27 (3,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] Vampire offspring status disappears

Hero

Vampire offspring relationship status will no longer be forgotten as a result of the Vampire Sim not having built any relationship with their offspring before turning them.
  • It’s true. I mean, how often do you get to know your sire, prior to being bitten? Usually it’s a quick bite on the way to the office… just a little snack before bedtime… never really any time to ask the important questions.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 27 (4,310 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @rostsit

Is this happening to all Vampires or do you have the beloved trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (3,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

None of my sims have the beloved trait. But this trait shouldn't be a requirement to keep offspring status.

It happens to all vampires.

Message 3 of 27 (3,709 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

It's not. It's just that it has several issues and I wanted to make sure it's not the cause of this

I'll test this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (3,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just make a vampire (through biting, of course), you'll see master-offspring connection in their respective relations bars when offspring becomes a vampire (or maybe at once, can't remember atm). Then play with other sim family for several in-game days (enough for regular relationships "culling").

Make sure sim-master and sim-offspring "forgot" each other, i.e. they have to meet again. And then after they met you'll see their master-offspring connection is deleted from their relations bars.

Makes trait "I am the Master" very annoying to achieve, furthermore, vampiric traits are effective as far as you manage to keep good relations with your offsprings, which makes it kinda pointless.

Message 5 of 27 (3,691 Views)

Hero

Haven't had the time to test. 

Giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (3,670 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe i'm seeing things, but I'm pretty sure the vampire offspring status just disappeared from sims that were friends and never lost their connection!

Need to test more.

Message 7 of 27 (3,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don't know if the first part is a bug since you usually loose all relationship bits, right ? I can see what you're saying and I'll add it for now but as unsure

If they loose it without having the relationship deleted, that would be a bug.

I tried the cheat to destroy relationship as well as culling but had no such luck yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (3,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Right.

But without any cheats, by "legal" gameplay means you can make sims forgot each other and even clones or parents and children have to "meet" again. All relationship bits are lost, but they never loose their clones/relatives status. So I see nothing unsure about this. You can make sim a vampire without even "meeting" said sim. That should have no effect on the fact that one is a "master" and other is an "offspring".

Message 9 of 27 (3,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK, I see what you're saying since those are also only relationship bits. Since I wasn't able to replicate yet, For me, the culling didn't hit the vampire/master although they had no relationship.

Did you have culling happening on close relatives ?  I usually use mods on my regular saves (only remove them on my test saves) so I'm a bit unsure.

EDIT: Is this a save you already shared ? Or would you be willing to share this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (3,641 Views)