Re: [FIXED] [V] Vampire getting burned underground

by crinrict

Original Post

Vampires burn when basement not covered by house

★★★★★ Novice

I built a house for my vampire, and then built for them a basement. I have two rooms in the basement which are not covered by the main level building (but should, in theory, be covered by the ground). When my vampire enters these rooms, she begins to burn (despite, again, being underground).

This can also occur for the parts of the basement where part of the room is covered by the main story, but parts aren't (for instance, if a corner sticks out, the vampire will burn only in that corner).

Message 21 of 29 (1,175 Views)

Re: Vampires burn when basement not covered by house

Hero

Hi @RblDiver

merged your post with existing thread

Could you upload your house to the gallery and post the name here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 29 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm actually having the same problem, but it used to be just the stairs. Moved house, stairs were still a problem, despite being underground. I logged on today, after fighting the Origin launcher for a  while, and now I have a room on the first basement level that causes sun damage also.  I'll upload the building when Origin will allow me to connect.

Message 23 of 29 (1,143 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue.

I found it an't just room type or light fixtures that are doing it. 

The basement (this case, 2nd lvl) isn't covered outside and the game thinks its outside, even though its underground. 

Message 24 of 29 (1,117 Views)

Vampire Burns In basement room not covered by house room on top?

★★ Novice

If the vampire is in the basement room, but has no room on the floor above it (the one on the surface), the vampire starts burning...

I am not using any mods.

I tried reverting to an older save, and the issue seemed to fix. However, after playing 1 in game sim day, the problem returned (maybe because it was night time?.... rebuilding the room does not fix it.

Message 25 of 29 (1,058 Views)

Re: Vampire Burns In basement room not covered by house room on top?

★★ Novice

Hmm found a fix... on the ground floor, I clicked ''create floor'' and then repainted that floor into the grass one.

Message 26 of 29 (1,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm found a fix... on the ground floor, I clicked ''create floor'' and then repainted that floor into the grass one. Looks exactly the same as regular grass.

Message 27 of 29 (1,044 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ankhrodium

merged your post with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 29 (1,036 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] Vampire getting burned underground

Hero

Vampires will no longer get burned by the sun when underground

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (1,629 Views)