[FIXED] [V] Vampire getting burned underground

by jacecat13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire getting burned underground

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I made a new house for my Vampire Sims. For some reason when my Sim is inside, she still burns. Not only inside, but two stories under ground. It only seems to happen in a specific room in the house, but I'm unsure why. At first I thought it was because I used ambient lighting from the bb.showhiddenobjects menu, but I removed all the ambient lights from my build. Then I wondered if it was because I was using a split level floor? (I deleted the floor from the ceiling above, but everything was still contained underground) But when I built the floor again, she was still getting burned. Any other vamp that walks through this room gets burned as well. There is no hole from what I can tell, and the room is rendered with inside lighting, so it's no considered an outside room in the game. What's going on?

Message 1 of 29 (1,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] Vampire getting burned underground

Hero

Vampires will no longer get burned by the sun when underground

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (1,705 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vampire getting burned by the sun, while inside and underground.

Hero

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Could you also test if you have the issue in one of the houses in Forgotten Hollow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (1,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running a clean and vanilla game. I'll test out the other houses soon, though.

Message 3 of 29 (1,431 Views)

Hero

If another house works, could you upload your build to the gallery and tell me what it's called ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I uploaded it. The name is DeMortia Graveyard. I have it placed in the Fledermaus Bend lot. The room in question is the room with the organ, two stories below the ground.

Message 5 of 29 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, as a side note, I just checked in one of the other houses. Doesn't seem to be an issue there. Just this one room in this house.

Message 6 of 29 (1,414 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I'll check it out later tonight

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (1,410 Views)

★ Guide

I came across the same issue after moving Caleb in and he died twice while inside the house like he was outside.  There is a workaround it.  Go in and out of  CAS or travel to a different lot should fix the issue

Message 8 of 29 (1,401 Views)

★ Guide

Hmm, Maybe it has something do to with the light or the location of the room. 

Message 9 of 29 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried making them travel, and I tried going into CAS. Neither worked. And it's still the same room. DId I put an object in there I shouldn't have?

Message 10 of 29 (1,380 Views)