Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire ears don't appear in live mode

by mauvejinjo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampire ears don't appear in live mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If I give the Vampire ear to a sim and then click on games, the sims will not appear with those ears in the world.

If I go over the worlds with the Sims in the CAS, the ears are present.

Game repaired, cache files deleted, completely new game started and all mods removed.

25.01.17_07-43-26.png

25.01.17_07-43-26.png

Message 1 of 10 (3,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [V] Vampire ears don't appear in live mode

Hero

• Vampire ears on the base form of a Sim will no longer disappear when the Sim enters live mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,970 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Replicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,464 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this same problem (also no mods or cc, brand new game file). But I did find that when I added a dark form, the pointy ears did appear in live mode in that form only.

Message 3 of 10 (3,436 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In CAS, my vampire Sim shows his human form with pointy ears; which is how I created him. However, in-game only the dark form properly displays pointy ears. It almost reminds me of how the bearded Tragic Clown makeup always overrides the others variants.

Message 4 of 10 (3,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The same happens in my game. I wonder if it's intentional, from what I saw in the trailer, most (or all) vampires have non-pointy ears in their normal form.

Has anyone tried having a vampire with pointy ears and no dark form? Maybe they do retain their pointy ears if that's the case?

EDIT: Just checked and it also happens to a vampire with only the normal form. So it happens to all vampires in their normal form.

Message 5 of 10 (3,314 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this problem as well as another that is frustrating me to no end. The pointy ears only show in CAS, not live mode which is making me mad cuz I don't want to use dark forms since they lag my computer. However, when I do use a dark form, I experience another issue when using testingcheats to edit them in CAS. If I Do this to edit their dark form, the dark form appears with all the cracks and wrinkles all over their face instead of HOW I HAD IT. It does appear how I had it in live mode though. And if I try to remove the dark form and then edit them with testingcheats again, suddenly their normal form is replaced by their dark form and it doesn't want to stay how I had it in CAS but looks how I had it in live mode. And if I edit them to look normal again after removing the dark form, I go back to live mode and it pretends I didn't change ANYTHING. So I get pointy ears showing in CAS but not live and correct dark forms showing up in live but not CAS and also replacing normal forms upon removal. This is even more infuriating than the werewolves from Sims 3. 

Message 6 of 10 (3,155 Views)

Hero

Any custom content ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this problem as well, not using any mods or custom content. The dark form issue is not consistent. The lack of pointy ears is consistent, however, and it makes me sad because pointy ears are cool.

Message 8 of 10 (3,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I actually didn't even leave CAS, and noticed my vampire sim's ears were still selected as the pointed option, yet rounded out as if they were not pointed. When went into detail edit mode to point them again, the option wasn't there to do it. When I selected other pointed ear defaults, they all appeared as a regular rounded ear. I exited the game but am sad since I spent a good 40 minutes on that sim and it went to waste because I was so upset about the ear glitch.

Message 9 of 10 (2,945 Views)

Re: [V] Vampire ears don't appear in live mode

Hero

• Vampire ears on the base form of a Sim will no longer disappear when the Sim enters live mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,971 Views)