by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure. I am up to date with the latest (31/7/18) patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, jungle adventure, season, vampires, parenthood, cats and dogs, romantic garden stuff, get together, my first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire. Give the vampire level 3 sun resistance. Make the vampire go outside on a sunny day with clear skies and no rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you make the vampire go outside on a clear sunny day (note: no rain), they will autonomously put up their umbrella. If yo ask them to close the umbrella, they will do so momentarily, but when you click for them to walk somewhere else, they put the umbrella straight up again. They will keep the umbrella down inside and will not autonomously put up an umbrella outside during the night. Also, it is only my vampire sims and not my human sims doing this. I suspect this is a result of the patch yesterday, which introduced the ability for non-sun-resistant vampires to go outside during the day without burning by using an umbrella to protect themselves from the sun. But, it seems that even vampires with perfect sun immunity are using umbrellas outside and cannot be prevented from doing so.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that a vampire with level 3 perfect sun immunity would not be putting up an umbrella to go outside. Otherwise, what was the point of getting them perfect sun immunity? Note: The only mod I have ever used is MCCC. I have never used CC or any other mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It begun after the patch yesterday (31/7/18). It has never happened before.

I guess I could provide a screenshot, but I don't see how that would help.

Message 1 of 19 (6,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

[ Edited ]
Hero

Perfect Sun Resistance Vampires will no longer use umbrellas when routing in the sun. Flaunt it, baby.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (5,499 Views)

All Replies

Re: After Patch, Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was getting tired of it to the point I just had my vampires put their umbrellas away. 

Message 2 of 19 (6,831 Views)

[ Edited ]

When I tell my vampires to close their umbrellas they just open them again moments later. Do you mean that you somehow deleted the umbrellas? I can’t see the umbrella in their inventory anywhere to delete.

Edit: oh I see, you can put them away in the umbrella rack. Still, I shouldn’t have to do this. Now I have to go around every one of my eight (full) vampire families with perfect sun immunity and instruct each member of every family to put away their umbrella so I don’t see them walking around with umbrellas up. Surely, it should just be automatic that vampires with perfect sun immunity don’t take the umbrella out in the first place?

Message 3 of 19 (6,824 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am having the exact same issue. I have a vampire with perfect Sun Resistance, standing on his own property with one of those street sales tables (don't remember the exact name right now), selling things he collected. Some times he talks to the people stopping by. Which makes him open and close the umbrella absolutely constantly while talking. When he's only tending the table, he is just holding it normally (although he really doesn't need to). I had to tell him to put the umbrella away in the umbrella rack, as he would not stop using it.
Message 4 of 19 (6,793 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
Honestly I would've rather stayed with the old way if all these gurus did was simply make all vampires open umbrellas in the daytime as their "umbrella solution" to this new feature. Pun very much intended.
Message 5 of 19 (6,707 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

[ Edited ]

Sigh. After going through the laborious process of buying an umbrella rack for every one of my 8 Sun resistant inactive vampires households, asking each vampire in the household to put away their umbrella and then deleting the umbrella rack for good measure.... It rains. And my active vampire is generously given a new umbrella by the game. Which she then proceeds to use during the (non rainy) day. I’m going to have to get her to put this new umbrella away now. I guess this will have happened to each and every one of my other vampires in all my other households. And, they will then be using those umbrellas in the day, too.

I also noticed that a vampire in one of my inactive households has somehow managed to get her sticky mitts on another umbrella (even after I had her put it away and deleted the umbrella rack) and is using it during the day.

I’m fighting a losing battle here.

Message 6 of 19 (6,673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, that sucks (vampire pun, ha!)

Mine haven't been given a new umbrella by the Umbrella gods yet but then again in my game it's winter so I haven't had any rain yet.

At any rate, you would think that when the 'umbrella code' checks to see if a sim is a vampire and the weather is sunny, that it would also check that a sim does not have 3 ranks of sun immunity.

Message 7 of 19 (6,636 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Nah, they're too lazy to even code that in.
Message 8 of 19 (6,583 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

★ Novice

All my sun resistant vampires are using umbrelas on a sunny day.... I had to humanize them because it was too annoying to play the way it is right now. Can you please please please fiz this?

Message 9 of 19 (6,479 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Sun Resistant Vampires Using Umbrellas

Hero
Adding this for now although it might be more feedback than an actual bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (6,388 Views)