[FIXED] [V] Some vampire powers disappear after entering a new lot

by Bureisupaiku

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Some vampire powers disappear after entering a new lot

★★ Apprentice

The vampire bug has a lot of symptoms. A lot of people are not playing vampires because of this but I am because I want to find out exactly how far this bug extends.

Workarounds - the abilities reported in this post reappear if you move the sim to another lot and then move it back into the family. It's annoying but it does work. It doesn't prevent the same thing happening again. A couple of other people have suggested other workarounds but I haven't tried them.

Other symptoms of this include:

Sim vampire levels up but certain abilities are not enabled (Vampiric Slumber is a key one here, even if the opposing weaknesses are not selected). This happens on home lots and on away lots but isn't consistent - the same vampire can generally later learn the skill it couldn't learn before. I have one exception to this - one of my vampires is completely unable to learn Vampiric Slumber no matter where he is.

Sim vampires appearing with sun immunity when they have not the level to obtain it. I am unsure if this can be a genetic inheritance as it happened in 3 sims in my game and all of them have at least one parent with immunity. It was suggested as I didn't play with one of them for a long time that the game maybe associated the ability with him as though he were a NPC vampire, but this hasn't been proven for his son who I have played with. I actually like the twist that these three vampires have become sun immune, but suspect it's actually part of the same bug. So as much as I don't want to reset them, I feel it needs reporting as well.

yea9aHd.png

I had one household with two vampire teen sims who aged up at the same time. One could learn to fly as a bat and the other could not. Later the one with the issue could learn to fly as a bat. I mention this because this sim is one of those mentioned above with the sudden sun immunity.

I have heard other people report other missing powers but I haven't experienced this myself. Just that there are numerous parameters involved in this bug (or a collection of bugs) that may be related to changes in the patch. Also the fact that powers can go missing at home.

The biggest issue for me though is that some sim vampires are appearing with very drained stats when you load the house. Sims are also randomly appearing outside of their houses as if they just moved in, when that isn't the case. In these instances I have been lucky and no fatalities - but other people have lost sims due to this.

Message 11 of 16 (1,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I can confirm this bug. Traveling to a different lot cancels the motive vampire skills. Saving, quitting, and relaunching restores the skill effects. Using Draught of Reconfiguration and reselecting the skills will also restore the skill effects, but in both cases, traveling to a new lot will cancel the effects again.

Version 1.36.104.1020

Message 12 of 16 (1,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

You can also use any form of CAS to temporarily fix it, I either use a wardrobe or the custom outfit manager from get together, just enter it and then exit it.

Message 13 of 16 (1,905 Views)

Hero

Vampires should no longer lose various powers after traveling.
  • I'm sorry sir, but travel regulations clearly state pursuant to section alpha-niner, as clarified in Necktie vs Klaatu Barada, that all Bat Form powers must be surrendered prior to any travel within the greater metropolitan area, you understand I’m sure.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (9,666 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict This still happens if your vamp stays at a public lot for 2 to 3 or more days straight. However at least when you go home it resets and the powers come back.😛
Message 15 of 16 (1,502 Views)

Hero
@aidans1985 Please new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (1,495 Views)